Unraid USB Flash Drive Replace or Not - Looking for Opinion

So I registered Unraid back in 2009 and I am still using the 2GB Lexar firefly usb thumbdrive that was recommended way back then.  

I am on 6.11.1 and just tried updating to 6.11.5 and I can't upgrade as there is not enough free room on the USB flash drive.   It looks like this is because old versions are kept on the flash drive.  

Back in June, I purchased a Samsung Bar Plus 64 GB thumbdrive to have on hand should I ever need to replace the original Lexar.

So I am looking for opinions...should I try and figure out what I can delete off my old flash drive or migrate to the spare I have on hand?

2 hours ago, goinsnoopin said:

Back in June, I purchased a Samsung Bar Plus 64 GB thumbdrive to have on hand should I ever need to replace the original Lexar.

On the following page:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device

is this:

image.thumb.png.1aa9aad9d194a32ec4d6a99db5da5d5e.png

I don't think that you can actually use a drive larger than 32Gb becauseUnraid requires that it has to be formatted using FAT32 which, as I recall, has a max partition size of 32GB.

I just looked at my Flash Drives and they each have less than 850MB of storage used.   You might want to check to see what is actually there.  One thing to also check is that you have at least 4MB of RAM installed in your server.  If you have less than that the auto-update will fail because of lack of RAM.   (If you make backups of your flash drive before updating, you could delete the contents of the /previous directory to give you some extra space.  The same can be said about the /logs directory if you have one.) 

The reason that I am making these suggestions is that those old flash drives had physically larger memory cells and, as a result, they are more reliable and less prone to fail.  They also run cooler and that also leads to longer life.