Server notifies me in the bottom left it is "Array Started•Starting services..." been like this for over 12 hours.

I encountered this issue after changing cache settings on shares as noted above. 

I had planned on doing a reboot to resolve it,  so I started the mover and by the time it was done the "starting services" text was gone. Not sure if the mover had anything to do with it but just wanted to add my experience here in case anyone else has this crop up.

I know it's mentioned that this will be fixed in the next release, but I'm just curious if it's actually breaking something? Or is it just a harmless display bug?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just just seemed to encounter this for the first time today. I installed the Dynamix Share Floor plugin which modifies the Minimum free space value. but just as noted in the other posts, if I modify any of the export settings(even if you just change it and change it back then save), the message goes away.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:47 PM, weirdcrap said:

I've gotten this on and off for years across various versions. It doesn't seem to affect anything for me that I can tell.

Well for me, it totally tanks the performance of SMB for other users.  we have about 8 PCs accessing the server during a given day, and when this random message appears, everything doesn't work as it should.  files are slow to download/upload etc.  It does seem that the 6.12.x version addresses this, and i hope it is resolved...im sick of getting yelled at.

• Thanks 1