Drive Failure - now 2nd 'Unmountable: not mounted' after reboot.

Another update -- i rebooted and re-started the array and now disk 1 is showing up as mounted.

Should I still attempt those steps on disk 3? (which is currently 'not installed')?  Or was that what i should do after adding the (old parity) drive as disk 3?  (UPDATE: guessing that is what you meant - as clicking on disk 3 when it is 'not installed' doesn't allow me to do anything best I can tell).

image.thumb.png.4669c572829ceb1a24f9526a1f5be163.png

kowunraid-diagnostics-20221225-1347.zip

Edited by MooTheKow
3 minutes ago, MooTheKow said:

Another update -- i rebooted and re-started the array and now disk 1 is showing up as mounted.

OK, it didn't mount before because of duplicate UUID. Not sure why reboot fixed that but let's continue.

DO NOT reassign any disk as disk3 yet.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Click on Disk3 to get to its page, set its filesystem to xfs, then check filesystem on emulated disk3. Be sure to capture the output so you can post it.

If it still won't let you check filesystem from the webUI that way we can try from command line.

1) Going to switch to maintenance mode -- 'apply changes' was not available as an option after I switched from 'auto' to 'xsf' -- UPDATE: still leaving apply changes greyed out weven in maintenance mode - attempting command line now.

2) Oh - absolutely not going to act on any assumptions --- you've devoted way too much time to helping me for me to hose things up by just acting about something I'm not 100% certain on at this point. 🙂

Edited by MooTheKow
3 minutes ago, MooTheKow said:

1) Going to switch to maintenance mode -- 'apply changes' was not available as an option after I switched from 'auto' to 'xsf' -- UPDATE: still leaving apply changes greyed out weven in maintenance mode - attempting command line now.

2) Oh - absolutely not going to act on any assumptions --- you've devoted way too much time to helping me for me to hose things up by just acting about something I'm not 100% certain on at this point. 🙂

You can only make changes to the disk settings if the array is stopped.

Emulated disk3 mounts and appears to be about 1/2 full. You should be able to see files on emulated disk3 now. Disk3 also has a new lost+found share on it where repair put things it couldn't figure out. Don't know how much trouble that will be.

If you go to the User Shares page and click Compute... for that lost+found share, it will show you how much is in it.

Check it out and let us know.

More instructions to come.

Thanks... lost + found size is about 60 GB -- which relative to everything else isn't all that much -- and files in the folders it list largely have file names associated with them that'd be relatively easy for me to sort out.   Only like 8 folders - and not looking like anything mission critical so far.   All things considered - not bad. 

FYI - placed an order for another 14 TB drive to add - should be here in 2 days hopefully.

Edited by MooTheKow

OK. Looks like disk1 worked well enough to mount, and perhaps more importantly, disk1 worked well enough to participate in emulating disk3.

Rebuilding disk3 to the former parity disk should result in the same contents as emulated disk3, if everything continues to work well enough.

If there is anything critical you want to try to copy off the array before attempting rebuild, do it now, but maybe best if you don't exercise disk1 too much since it still has issues, and any access to disk1 or emulated disk3 is going to involve disk1.