Disable nuisance banner notifications

Is there a way to just completely disable banner notifications? Honestly think it's getting abused by plug-ins at this point. Every time I open up a given page on the WebGUI, some plug in or another has something so damned important it needs my attention right now for a minor update that will have zero impact for me, except to distract me from what I'm trying to do in that moment. Certain frequently updated plug-ins seem to be getting banner notifications several times a week. Reaching out to the community developers themselves, in my experience feels like a waste of time as they are pretty ambivalent to user requests for options to disable them. I don't want to call out anyone specific here, but it's more than one community developer over relying on these notifications.

In short, I'd like to know how to just to turn them all off entirely for now. If that's not available, I'd definitely like it to be an option.

Longer term, it seems ridiculous that I even have to make this request, but I'd like Limetech to consider putting in a permissions system for admins to grant individual plugins access to webgui banner notifications.

Understand that I'm deeply grateful for all the extra functionality that is provided by the community developers, but I shouldn't have to choose between functionality and being frequently nagged to update something. Unraid was just fine without the banner notifications.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The main problem is that currently there is no best practice from the unraid team with plugins extending the UI as its still a DIY OS/service. Its free for all and developers implement features as they wish.

Updates notifications are:

inline

- popups 

- notifications 

- external services as telegram.

The UI would need a rework from a UX designer but this could also result in a worse DIY experience for aspiring Community Developers trying to create new breaking features.

• 6 months later...