Numerous crashes. Multiple per day

I hope you haven't been mirroring to flash since June.

I see these consecutive lines in log.

Jan 11 15:23:06 Orcrist root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Syslog mirrored to flash ** Ignored
Jan 11 18:05:02 Orcrist kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0xf4, date = 2022-07-31

Was there a crash between these?

• 1 month later...

Nothing logged between these timestamps, is that when crash occurred?

Feb 15 23:09:06 Orcrist root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Syslog mirrored to flash ** Ignored
Feb 16 12:43:54 Orcrist kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0xf4, date = 2022-07-31

Unrelated, your appdata has files on disk6

• mikesp18 changed the title to Numerous crashes. Multiple per day

The crashes keep on coming.  I cannot make it through the parity check after a crash at this point.  Web login doesn't work, and I cannot SSL into.  Direct KVM just gives a black screen.  Lights are on, and today ALL the disk access lights are on. The timing of the crashes seems a little random.  And I'm not really doing anything at the time.  Last night I went to bed with a the parity check running.  This morning it was crashed. I'll update the new logs.

orcrist-diagnostics-20230221-1049.zip

syslog.zip

Edited by mikesp18

Fair enough.  I considered heat. I fact I took the top off the case just to make sure it's venting.  The HSF is not even hot to the touch. One of the peripheral cards is getting warm.  Maybe I'll add a fan to it.  Any good temperature loggers for Unraid?  I remember that there was one that was causing crashes before.  Thank you to everyone for help.  Even though I am frustrated, I've always appreciated the support from this community, especially a Non-IT guy like me ( I work in an ER, this isn't exactly what I do for a living, just hobby stuff :) )

It's a bit of stab in the dark, but I have had it happen to my own system in the spring.  Since then I always eliminate that variable, especially when going into spring & when it seems random.
if your thermal paste job is bad then it may result in a HSF that feels cold.  You'll know if it feels cold and your CPU temps are high.
I think I'm using:

Dynamix System Temp

Edited by samsausages

Well, I guess I already had Dynamics system temp app running, I just never set up the sensors.

Quickly setting it up, Processor running at 56C, Motherboard at 28C. Those numbers seem fine. I'm honestly wondering if this isn't software, but maybe a bad power supply or something.  I don't see anything in the log when the crashes happen.

So, running Atomic Burn, I'm seeing temps that are pretty hot. Hitting around 85C even after reapply thermal paste.  Do you think this is a thermal shutdown issue? When I find the computer, the lights are still on and it has multiple disk access lights, but no response either headless with SSL or with directly connect KVM.

image.thumb.png.655c114c986da517cc228746796bed8f.png