UNraid wouldn't update from 6.2 (either linking directly to the update url or via the update plugin), updated manually by flash drive and now have issue with GUI

guigz

Dockers were working before I copied over the CFG files above. After copying it wouldn't work so I added the cache drive (which was unassigned at that point) because the tooltip said that a cache drive was preferred. I'll just take out the cache. Any other suggestion for getting this to work?

Re Format: Why do I have to convert to a different format? Is this a functionality that will be removed in future versions? If so, I'll just stay with the current stable version (I was on 6.2 for the last 6 years and that was fine for me). The process looks like a PITA and with all the troubles I'm running into, I'd rather not risk losing my data.

16 minutes ago, guigz said:

Re Format: Why do I have to convert to a different format? Is this a functionality that will be removed in future versions? If so, I'll just stay with the current stable version (I was on 6.2 for the last 6 years and that was fine for me). The process looks like a PITA and with all the troubles I'm running into, I'd rather not risk losing my data.

It is not critical to do it immediately but it has been announced that support for reiserfs is planned to be removed from the Linux kernel in 2025.

possibly a good reason to consider doing it sooner is that reiserfs cannot handle drives larger than 16TB and hard drives exceeding this limit are now available.

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you. I'll do it when I buy a larger drive. I just can't be bothered trying to find space so that I can move over all the data to empty one disk to format it right now. 

I have 5 data drive and my array is only 8tb so the 16tb limit isn't a problem at all here :)

I got the docker to work by choosing a folder instead of the cache so my appdata folder is on one of my disks. 

1 hour ago, guigz said:

I got the docker to work by choosing a folder instead of the cache so my appdata folder is on one of my disks. 

Not clear what you mean, cache is part of user shares. Do you mean you specified a path on a specific array disk? That will impact performance and keep the drive and parity spunup.

Yeah, I had to specify a path otherwise I run into problem.

Hmmm, I could try to make it work from the cache drive. The issue I run into is the "path does not exist" problem I describe above. Can I use MC to manually create the folders somewhere and try again?

Edited by guigz