Lost write access to one of my shares.

I have several shares, all but one I can write to from Windows 11. The error is "you need permission to perform this action."

I ran Docker Safe New Perms on the folder and received

Processing '/mnt/disk1/TV'
Processing '/mnt/disk2/TV'
Processing '/mnt/disk3/TV'
Processing '/mnt/disk4/DVR'
Processing '/mnt/disk4/TV'
Processing '/mnt/disk5/TV'
Processing '/mnt/disk6/TV'

Finished!

But no change.

poking around here, I only see I have 'root' as a defined user on the user tab. I did try to copy write security on the SHARES tab over on the column on the right for "write settings to" and that didn't help. I'm not even sure what my "Microsoft Windows login" user ID is to be honest. When I upgraded to Windows 11 I gave in to the stupid "Microsoft user" instead of continuing on with "Local User." I have resisted that for years and now regret the change. Anyway, with an email address of [email protected] my documents directory is telling me my user ID is volks (I think?)

First thing  is to provide more information to us. Open up the SHARES tab on the taskbar.  Now click on the Share name under User Shares.  Now scroll down until the two sections on SMB are visible.  Do a screen capture of those sections.  (You can blackout the share name if you want.)  Post up that screen capture. 

Second thing.  MS is is instituting a change to SMB security by setting a switch that prevents a Windows client from logging onto a server without a login to that server.  (Essentially eliminating guest logins...)  You should consider setting up a user on your Unraid server and a Windows Credential to log you onto that server.  (Even if you are intending to use Public as the share security mode on Unraid.)  If you need instructions on how to do this, go to this thread and download the PDF in the first post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/

On pg 12, you will find instructions how to setup a user on both your PC and Unraid server. 

• 10 months later...