[SUPPORT] Terratrax - Nextcloud Multimedia

Hi Shawn!

With the exception of a few libraries to enable you to run face recognition and a few other multimedia plugins, this is the standard Nextcloud docker image. There are very low level additions that do not change the way you operate the software. The advantage of this is that you can seek support from the huge base of users Nextclouds docker image has. I would bring your question about the crontab there, but I'd think you can just install crontab using the package manager if you need it.

For questions on how to use the recognize or memories apps, you'll have far better luck asking these questions in their respective support forums.

The types of questions appropriate most for this forum would be system errors due to missing libraries, requests for additional or update libraries, etc.

13 hours ago, terratrax said:

Hi Shawn!

With the exception of a few libraries to enable you to run face recognition and a few other multimedia plugins, this is the standard Nextcloud docker image. There are very low level additions that do not change the way you operate the software. The advantage of this is that you can seek support from the huge base of users Nextclouds docker image has. I would bring your question about the crontab there, but I'd think you can just install crontab using the package manager if you need it.

For questions on how to use the recognize or memories apps, you'll have far better luck asking these questions in their respective support forums.

The types of questions appropriate most for this forum would be system errors due to missing libraries, requests for additional or update libraries, etc.

Hi terratrax

I just wonder since we use the same docker image, don't you have the same problem?

Appreciate you for this work. I am trying to this docker now. As I have been trying to confiugre the docker, I have been going through the security & setup warnings. I am stuck with the following and I am not sure how I can clear this warning. Can you please let me knw what I should be doing here? Thanks in advance.redis.thumb.png.8ba0c23979fd5b4f664ffba36b637c48.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Shawn Young

Hey, I had the same problem with cron, but solved it like most people who also use the normal official nextcloud docker.
I installed the plugin "User Scripts" on my Unraid and there a script which calls the cron.php. I'm not sure yet if this is 100% correct, but at least it works and doesn't give any errors.

Skript:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -u 99:100 Nextcloud-multimedia php -f /var/www/html/cron.php
exit 0

I set the schedule to custom with executing it every 10 minutes "*/10 * * * *" .

When everything works fine it should look something like this. When you got the wrong user or something like that it will show you the error statements. But with no errors it should look like my screenshot.

grafik.png.03e5a820f119e0181560172bac47b98d.png

Also the first few executions were taking pretty long but after that it got faster.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, I have some issues with signing me in using my Browser. normaly im logged in but after X? hours I am redirected to the login page (no problem with that). But when I insert my User name and PW (I have them saved in my browser so no misstyping) I get Logged in but also still redirected to the login page "

So my redirect goes from "https:/MyDomain.com/login" to "https://MyDomain.com/login?direct=1&user=HerbertH". When I try to open my dashboard URL directly I still get redirected to the login page "https://MyDomain.com/login?redirect_url=/apps/dashboard/"

When i repeat clicking on the Login button I get a message that because of multiple invalid login attempts from my IP address the next login will therefore be delayed by 30 seconds. When i look into my dev options in the browser in the network tab I only see 200 as status codes so there is evereything fine. But I am not able to open my dashboard.

grafik.png.6b78353ed176cf11c33dd8a734b65cd4.png

Picture shows the error message "Several invalid login attempts from your IP address have been detected. The next login will therefore be delayed by 30 seconds." in german.

Does any one know this problem or have a hint how to fix this. This does btw. not happen all the time, but way to often.

Edited by Herbert Horst
Added new information and removed real link to my side

Hi Herbert,

This container image is 99% the stock container image that is maintained by Nextcloud. The only difference is that I have added some libraries to let the facial recognition add-ons work properly.

For questions like this, you would probably be better off in the Nextcloud support forum. I think you will find the answer actually with a little searching - it is most likely caused by your reverse proxy or firewall flattening all requests to the same IP address. So invalid attempts from bots get counted against your IP.

• Like 1

Hello terratrax,

Сan you upgrade container to 27.1.5.1?

When I migrate from official Docker (knex666) I see a message in the log:

"Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (27.1.5.1) is higher than the docker image version (27.1.4.1) and downgrading is not supported. Are you sure you have pulled the newest image version?"

Thanks a lot

Yes, but probably after a couple of months. I tend to like major releases settle and all the apps get the kinks worked out before I update the image.

I haven't tested so it's hard to say how much effort it will be. You can try updating the base images in the dockerfile and building the image yourself though if you are in a rush!

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i tried installing this container and it cannot get even past the installer. i have not yet figure out how to map the data folder, but even without that. once I create a username and ad the database the container will stop responding. anyone tried installing this lately?

is this actively being supported?

As you can probably see from the comments above, this image is still maintained, but given that it is 99.9% the stock image (just with a few libraries added) from Nextcloud, you're probably better off trying to get support in those forums. That said, mapping the data folder is a hard requirement - if you haven't provided storage for the container it's unlikely to start. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

ive installed this one and i also did setup Memories, but the mentioned command to setup video doesnt work (does not exist). Beside that i dont get iPhone-Pics running (Live Pics) - so i see only some "Play"-Icon, but it wont open the file and it wont preview.

Also Camera Raw Preview App wont help.
Current Update not yet available (docker telling up2date, but nextcloud isnt)

Any idea?

Should i go with some other version of nextcloud-app or something completely different like PhotoPrism?