USB flash drives RAID instead of HDDs

Hello,

I have a (not sure if stupid or not) question. Is it possible to use several USB flash drives in a RAID, connected to the SATA3 port (with such cable) on the MoBo and use it instead of the HDD I currently use? Link below to YT vide showing the USB flash drives RAID.

Hope this quetions makes sense. Let me know if something like this is possible, even if no parity disk will be available.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, veri745 said:

As stated, I'm not aware of any USB -> SATA adapters, but I don't know why you'd want one. USB 3.0 is almost as fast as SATA 3

You could connect such a device to an internal USB header (or multiple)

Indeed, did not think of this option. If I connect this USB RAID to an internal USB header, will unRaid allow me to use it as part of the array?

The main reason I seek this solution is because my two 4TB HDDs are very noisy when speedy and I thought if replacing them with several 1TB USB sticks connected in a hub.

Once again, do you think this solution is viable, and if so, what would be any drawbacks in comparison to the standard HDDs array?