(SOLVED) - Kernel panic after upgrading to Version: 6.12.0-rc3

Go to solution Solved by ich777,

Hey guys,

Been getting some kernel panic after upgrading to Version: 6.12.0-rc3; im thinking about rolling back but figured i would post this info just in case i helps in some way.

I'm working on a few smart issues so if you see that please know that I'm aware and will be replacing some drives soon! (not thanks to you WD!)

Oh, prior to the upgrade i installed btop-1.2.13-x86_64-1_SBo_UES.txz via nerdpack but removed it just before posting. not is if this was causing some trouble since it was the last thing i did before the upgrade. 

Thank you. 

ares-diagnostics-20230418-0602.zip

Edited by shinexx
On 4/18/2023 at 7:21 AM, ich777 said:

I would strongly recommend that you create a thread over here:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/

Anyways, please go to the Docker settings (with Advanced View enabled) and switch from MACVLAN to IPVLAN, restart your server afterwards and see if that fixes your issue.

Hey @ich777 it seems like switching to IPVLAN resolved my issue. I haven't had any more kernel panics after the change and also i put stress on my system for further verification.

i don't recall changing that setting to MACVLAN but who knows, maybe i did! 

Here are some logs 

ares-diagnostics-20230419-2012.zip

• Like 1
  • shinexx changed the title to (SOLVED) - Kernel panic after upgrading to Version: 6.12.0-rc3