Mover not running - even when invoked

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Looks like you skipped some of my instructions that you quoted. Specifically

But, since you now have plenty of room on cache, lets proceed to get those shares that belong on cache back there.

Nothing can move open files. So, you must Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings.

Set appdata, domains, and system shares to cache:prefer then Run mover

Then post new diagnostics.

1 hour ago, UnBeastRaid said:

just to be clear, post diagnostics without turning on VM manager & Docker...correct?

Ok..here is the diagnostics file. The 2.15TB in the domains share belongs to my proxmox backup server. 

unraidbeast_diagnostics_post_mover_2.zip

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Set appdata, domains, and system shares to cache:prefer then Run mover

Might it not be better to start without 'domains' share set to move to the cache?   If that share DOES contain VM images (that is quite normal) that will not fit onto the cache not much point in trying to move them, and it is then better to think about where you want to them to end up.  Even if they do currently fit but they are sparse files then they will almost certainly later grow to exceed the cache size causing problems at that point.

It is also a good idea to set the Minimum Free Space for the 'cache' pool to be larger than the biggest file to be  cached to help avoiding the cache ever getting completely full.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, itimpi said:

without 'domains' share set to move to the cache?   If that share DOES contain VM images (that is quite normal) that will not fit onto the cache not much point in trying to move them, and it is then better to think about where you want to them to end up

Probably so, but I also wonder why such large vdisks are being created in the first place.

All of appdata is on cache now (except apparently plex appdata is on an unassigned device).

The system share still has files on the array, so we need to take a closer look at that.

The domains share didn't all get moved, it won't fit as noted. We can take a closer look at that too.

10 hours ago, UnBeastRaid said:

The 2.15TB in the domains share belongs to my proxmox backup server

Does that run all the time?

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system

and this?

ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system

10 hours ago, trurl said:

Probably so, but I also wonder why such large vdisks are being created in the first place.

All of appdata is on cache now (except apparently plex appdata is on an unassigned device).

The system share still has files on the array, so we need to take a closer look at that.

The domains share didn't all get moved, it won't fit as noted. We can take a closer look at that too.

Does that run all the time?

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system

and this?

ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system

Thanks for your help guys. 

The Proxmox server backs up my proxmox nodes nightly at 24:00hrs

CleanShot 2023-04-26 at 16.35.41.png

Edited by UnBeastRaid
1 hour ago, UnBeastRaid said:

The Proxmox server backs up my proxmox nodes nightly at 24:00hrs

Is it started only then, or is it always started?

Take a look at those docker and libvirt folders on cache and disk1. See which you want to keep and which you can get rid of. In the end you want them all on cache and none on the array.

• Like 1