We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Disk utilization is wrong for array

I am not sure if this is known or even wanted because I have read something similar on Reddit 

You can see my array here. I do not have a parity yet. But I can tell you that this TOSHIBA 18TB hard drive has at least 8TB used. For the safety pool and also the cache it works fine. But the array just shows 126GB used since I plugged it in. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.c01de783d2afdcdef7a637196f1e582c.png

Ok guys I'm really confused and worried.

image.thumb.png.e1baceb2c38f14d9baa89160c9dc26a9.png

As you can see it is updated now. Not sure if it will update if I add files. But the second time the same issue appeared. I copied the files to this disk via an Ubuntu VM and passthroughed my old linux_member_raid from Synology and also this new 18TB disk. I copied it the first time with rsync and this time with tar. It needed a few days and was a big pain. The first time I was looking in the files of disk1 and it only showed me Parent directory. I rebooted and it showed me that it cannot mount Disk 1 and it has to be format. This default Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system error. I was so done and started to copy everything again.

Now everything was copied again and I already recognized that files were only shown in the filebrowser after a complete system reboot. Otherwise it would also only show parent directory. But everytime after I copied something through the Ubuntu VM I had to reboot to see the files but it worked then. The filebrowser worked with all functions.

Now I watched a movie in Plex and out of nowhere the same scenario started. It only showed Parent directory in the filebrowser and after stopping the array I could only format it. 

So I found this video from Spaceinvader One 

I checked the XFS repair with the -n flag but there were no errors. But I saw with verbose I guess the following error:

170188892_Screenshot2023-05-17032146.thumb.png.31de844bd3ff359d0971133507901402.png489085761_Screenshot2023-05-17032125.thumb.png.1237fd5a1bb071ffd5cb02ac821f5c5a.png

ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

Of course I couldn't mount it so I tried the -L flag and it worked. What the hell? What could produce this error? The hard drive is new. Is it maybe damaged? I have no clue what the reason for this is. Right now I got my backup but I will need to delete it and I cannot afford losing everything like this.

And also this sentence Maximum metadata LSN is ahead of log seems suspicious to me.