We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Following are missing or not loaded: usbip_host module vhci_hcd module.

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

image.png.c970334d7e46e66623732ae33b13a80e.png

What is the significance of this error\warning? Such as what impact does it have on unraid that they are not loaded? 

I am aware that I can temporally fix it with the following unraid shell commands, but the message returns after the server is rebooted.

modprobe usbip_host

modprobe vhci_hcd 

Edited by JackSafari
  • Solution

Go into the plugin settings and you can enable loading the modules there.

Unraid doesn't care, but depending on what you installed the USB Manager plugin for you may need them loaded for the desired plugin functionality to work.

Edited by Kilrah
6 hours ago, JackSafari said:

image.png.c970334d7e46e66623732ae33b13a80e.png

What is the significance of this error\warning? Such as what impact does it have on unraid that they are not loaded? 

I am aware that I can temporally fix it with the following unraid shell commands, but the message returns after the server is rebooted.

modprobe usbip_host

modprobe vhci_hcd 

You have usbip yes set in the config and maybe not loaded the addon plugin for the commands. If you dont need usbip set to disabled.

6 minutes ago, SimonF said:

USBip is to share devices over the network. i.e. connect a usb device on a raspberry pi to the unraid server. have a look at the example here 

most users will not use.

Thanks. You are quick to reply. I should done some research before posting the question. Chat AI is great for answering such questions. AI has already solved a few unraid tech problems.

Edited by JackSafari