After 6.12.1 install I get vfio-pci-errors on startup

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

After installing 6.12 I started getting these errors on boot up in the GUI. It will show a red alert error with:

VM Autostart disabled

vfio-pci-errors

VM Autostart disabled due to vfio--bind error

I have two VMs one of which auto starts and I bound a sound card and I believe a core or two to it in Tools --> System devices. I am able to start it once I get the system up and booted but seeing this errors makes me wonder if I should be handling this a different way?

2 hours ago, severanced said:

After installing 6.12 I started getting these errors on boot up in the GUI. It will show a red alert error with:

VM Autostart disabled

vfio-pci-errors

VM Autostart disabled due to vfio--bind error

I have two VMs one of which auto starts and I bound a sound card and I believe a core or two to it in Tools --> System devices. I am able to start it once I get the system up and booted but seeing this errors makes me wonder if I should be handling this a different way?

have you checked the errors in the file. If you uncheck one entry and then reapply it will rebuild the vfio file

7 minutes ago, severanced said:

To add to this, I was also curious because I'm in the middle of buying new hardware (motherboard, CPU, memory) to upgrade everything and I was worried about this error and being able to upgrade and start things up normally.

Are the correct devices set correctly in tool ->sysdevs?

It is recommended to remove vfio mappings when changing hardware as pci numbers may change.

Uncheck on dev is sysdevs bind then recheck and bind and it should be fixed.

2 hours ago, SimonF said:

Are the correct devices set correctly in tool ->sysdevs?

It is recommended to remove vfio mappings when changing hardware as pci numbers may change.

Uncheck on dev is sysdevs bind then recheck and bind and it should be fixed.

I'm not sure how to check that since none of my hardware has changed.