Running VM´s on VLAN.

frodr

The use case:

I would like to run VM´s on a separate VLAN. With the possibility to isolate (do that in the Unify router) the VLAN. I would like the network interface bridged so several VM´s can utilise it. 

Current setup not recommended/crashed:

I used to set up the network interface automatic/static ip on the VLAN´s subnet incl. gateway as specified in the router. Also tried to add VLAN on the network interface. But several time the server network crashes. @JorgeB says adding several gateways can cause problems. 

Is there a way to set this up in a way that do not cause problems?

Cheers,

I never setting multiple gateway in Unraid, my VM have running in different VLAN and gateway ( same router mac address actually), but I can't remember on a separate physical NIC or not.

Suggest you could try blank the IP and gateway for that VLAN in Unraid setting. ( I also set in this way, this is normal because you want truly separate them, otherwise you won't use VLAN ). That means Unraid network can't reach the VM, but you can use buildin VNC to control it, or loopback in your router WAN between two VLAN.

Edited by Vr2Io
  • Thanks 1