A solution to share files over the internet

xtrips

Hello,

What would be the best solution to easily share files from Unraid over the internet in read only mode?
I am looking for something simple, something that would allow to generate a link to a file and send that link to someone ready to access, without the need to install anything on the receiver part.
Any suggestions please?

On 8/19/2023 at 1:24 PM, Michael_P said:

Nextcloud is what I use

For simple file sharing it works nicely, also you can map a drive to Nextcloud docker and within Nextcloud itself you can enable "external storage" and map the drive for access anywhere or sharing files.

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:41 AM, MrGrey said:

Nextcloud. Do it right; or don't do it.

Damn straight.

MrGrey.

I use nextcloud daily. I love it, but it has HORRIBLE performance issues. Even those that claim to have it set up with zero performance issues are kidding themselves. Even the devs recognize how slow nextcloud is vs options like google drive. I would not recommend Nextcloud to anyone looking for a simple solution. Filebrowser is much better for what the OP is looking for and its super snappy and easy to use and figure out. 

I cant wait for the day that nextcloud is more practical for a daily user. Owncloud can be configured to leave nextcloud in the dust in terms of performance but its much more complicated to set up. We use owncloud for our local businesses. Also just found out that many local governments use owncloud too.