Execution Errors

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hello Community! I've been getting some windows that say "execution error" on my Unraid server. Server logs show the following: 

Server kernel: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 21484200 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 5 prio class 2

Parity completes with no errors, but Docker apps seem to be really buggy. Plex logs are showing this error as well. 

Critical: libusb_init failed

On the plex GUI I see

Verify you have a network connection and that the server is online,

Verify you have a network connection and that the server is online,

Can someone please point me in the right direction so I can further troubleshoot and remedy?

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for the fast reply! Really appreciate the help. 

Diagnostics attached, as requested!

Plex Docker RUN command below: (I don't see anything unusual here, so I'm puzzled as to why things aren't working...)

Command execution
docker run
  -d
  --name='Plex-Media-Server'
  --net='host'
  -e TZ="America/New_York"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Server"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Plex-Media-Server"
  -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-v24LuXj5Md5PHCRwzVZt'
  -e 'PLEX_UID'='99'
  -e 'PLEX_GID'='100'
  -e 'VERSION'='latest'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:32400]/web'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plexinc/pms-docker/master/img/plex-server.png'
  -v '/tmp/':'/transcode':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/Music Collection/':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'
e4eb2f4b7257582a5fbec8fbf9a5f48e92986b7b15a0d023840db1e4992e95fc

The command finished successfully!

server-diagnostics-20230909-1157.zip

The "Critical: libusb_init failed" isn't an issue and can be safely ignored. I'm using LSIO plex container and for many years have had that same message. Hasn't cause any problems.

What device is dev/sdb? If that is where appdata resides then that disk looks to be RO (read-only) from the I/O error. If it is that is most likely why plex gui isn't working. Check the filesystem on that drive, the gui help or DOCUMENTATION link at the bottom of the forums can help. I'm not a checkdisk guru, aapologies for not giving you more discrete guideance there.

• Solution
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

ATA errors are gone, so that's good, cannot help with the Plex issue, maybe @Squidhas some more ideas.

Problem with 

On 9/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, cmacsound said:

execution error

doesn't happen on Plex because 

On 9/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, cmacsound said:

On the plex GUI I see

For the execution errors we need the docker run command for one of the containers that gives that when starting it.

For the actual Plex issue, the best place to ask is in Plex's forums and include Plex's logs from the docker page.  I'd suspect a corrupted database (which ties in with the ATA errors)

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I think the original Execution Error was from an old docker container that was depreciated/blacklisted (Krusader). 

On that note, what's the best practice to 'clean up' appdata that still has directories for uninstalled docker apps? 

Also - I'm seeing a SMART error on one of my disks. I have replaced the cables a few times but it still persists. Is there anything else I could do to remedy?

418805583_UDMACRCerrorcount.thumb.png.0a29abd87286c70c2bf5c588bdd5b561.png

I will post in the Plex forum for Plex errors.

Thank you again!