One action at a time, for example installing a docker app prevents the UI from loading until complete?

krs360
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

As per the title really. Is it a feature of Unraid that when a docker container is being installed, I can't open any other part of the UI until it's finished. This includes things like settings, the dashboard, open the command line via the web interface.

Is this intended or is something funky going on? It can't be the hardware maxing out on one docker install, it's a 9900k, with 64GB DDR4 2600 memory.

The second the docker finishes installing the webui loads. Until then the tabs sit on Loading... until it's finished.

No diags at this point as I'm not sure if this intended or not.

Just now, itimpi said:

Note that it is only the current tab/window that is locked out until the action completes.    You will still be able to access the GUI in another tab/window while in this state.

Oh, that's what I was getting at. The GUI doesn't load in other tabs until the tab which is doing something finished.

24 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Strange - it does for me (although I guess it might depend on the operation).

I've noticed that dockers seem to take a lot longer to install than I remember. This is a totally fresh unraid install on new hardware.

I've just checked all 4 of the array disk speeds and they're normal. I've checked the WAN speed via the speedtest-tracker docker container and that's showing as 1gbit down/110mbit up which is normal. DNS is set to google (8.8.8.8).

Any obvious causes for the slow docker installs (once installed they run fine) and the UO issue before I look at getting diagnostics, etc?