[SUPPORT] OBS-NDI (QT6)

Asparon

This is the support page for the updated version of OBS-NDI.

Big thanks go to patrickstigler on whom this container is based on.

https://hub.docker.com/r/asparon/obs-ndi

Docker OBS and NDI (QT6)

This container is based on https://hub.docker.com/r/patrickstigler/obs-ndi. Due to some QT-changes in the OBS code the initial version by patrick needed some changes.

To start the container:

docker run --shm-size=256m -it -e VNC_PASSWD=headless -p 5901:5901 -p 6901:6901 -p 4455:4455 asparon/obs-ndi:latest

The shm-size argument is to make sure that the webclient does not run out of shared memory and crash.

You have to change the "Network Type" to "Custom: br0" in order to be able to find the NDI-Source of your desktop in the container an vice versa.

You can change the default VNC password of 'headless'.

You can connect with your own VNC client via 5901 or use the webclient at 6901.

To enable GPU Support:

Nvidia:

add -e NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=your_GPU_ID -e NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all and also add --runtime=nvidia as extra parameter.

Intel:

add --device=/dev/dri (not tested yet)

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey hey, been slowly migrating a second PC over the unraid, finally got everything moved over and set up. Got OBS-NDI to replace the PC that I took down and been dealing with a weird issue.
When an NDI Source isn't running, CPU idles around 3-10%, but the minute I make an NDI source visible (whether I use NDI screen cap, or NDI from my gaming machine) my CPU immediately jumps up to 70-80% and I'm not exactly sure why. 
I passed through my 2080 Super to handle the encoding, but I'm not sure if it's accurately being used or not.

Specs 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core

RAM: 16 GiB DDR4 Ballistix something or other
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

I did a small test stream, it hits around 50FPS but I'm wanting to get 60 and it should be fine.

My gaming PC and Unraid are connected via an ethernet hub and I'm not sure what other info might be helpful here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this and for whatever reason its setting the IP as 10.0.0.2 when my server is 10.0.0.200. When I set it manually to say 10.0.0.202 I'm able to connect. Also, is there any way to update the OBS version used in this? We are up to 30.0.0.2 now.

Edited by Jed05
On 9/26/2023 at 1:42 PM, Asparon said:

This is the support page for the updated version of OBS-NDI.

Big thanks go to patrickstigler on whom this container is based on.

https://hub.docker.com/r/asparon/obs-ndi

Docker OBS and NDI (QT6)

This container is based on https://hub.docker.com/r/patrickstigler/obs-ndi. Due to some QT-changes in the OBS code the initial version by patrick needed some changes.

To start the container:

docker run --shm-size=256m -it -e VNC_PASSWD=headless -p 5901:5901 -p 6901:6901 -p 4455:4455 asparon/obs-ndi:latest

The shm-size argument is to make sure that the webclient does not run out of shared memory and crash.

You have to change the "Network Type" to "Custom: br0" in order to be able to find the NDI-Source of your desktop in the container an vice versa.

You can change the default VNC password of 'headless'.

You can connect with your own VNC client via 5901 or use the webclient at 6901.

To enable GPU Support:

Nvidia:

add -e NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=your_GPU_ID -e NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all and also add --runtime=nvidia as extra parameter.

Intel:

add --device=/dev/dri (not tested yet)

Hello

could you add 1440p support pls in config 

regards,

• 3 weeks later...

I am able to find my output in the drop down but there is no picture arriving on the container side. Am I missing something?

//E: It seems like a firewall thing. As long as the firewall is disabled it works. Does anyone know the port I have to open (because there is no NDI related executables as they are just dlls).

//E2: nvm - added the OBS Studio app on the allow list and it is fixed

Edited by Evidenz
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the template! I'm using it as a playout server.

I added an auto start so in the event the container is updated/server restarts it will resume the stream on startup.

Add a file map to /home/headless/.config/autostart/ and place an app.desktop file in the mapped autostart folder with the following to trigger Xfce to start OBS:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=conky
Exec=obs &
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false

This is coupled with an OBS LUA script I wrote that auto starts streaming and sequences media playback.

Edited by firetime
  • 2 months later...

@Asparon

Hello - thanks for this container.  Couple questions.

1) when I try to authenticate via youtube it displays an error input/output error likely related to the container's web browser.  I get the same thing when attempting to use the web browser in the container.
image.png.2be2d0d2f22492a5dfff99afffd40996.png

2) I think this is related to 1 but I don't see manage broadcasts

Thanks!

Edited by repomanz