Mover Issue

mihcox

I have several sets of files not being moved with mover, but i am having to use the unbalance plugin to move files.

When running the mover command from a console window, it starts and immediately stops.

How can I get logs or a better determination of why it doesnt think anything needs to move?

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Unraid never moves files between array drives by itself, and mover will only move files between a pool and the main array.   Were you expecting something else?

This has never been my past experience. To go further into it, im using syncthing to copy media across to my downloads folder:
image.png.d9bdcbe2df1d1e17f387516330f1a771.png

Files are copied to the Downloads folder which is generally on evocachepool, but when it fills up or gets a mover run it moved these files to disk20.

Those files are then imported with sonarr/radarr and are now under the /media folder:

image.png.d8821697a3be282fecfe64d889f6e5ee.png

where the files are either on the evocachepool or disk 20(downloads) need to be converted to evocachepool or disk1-15 (media).

This process should move any files on either the evocachepool/disk20 which were in the DOWNLOADS folder to evocachepool/disk1-15 that are now in the MEDIA folder.

This process has been working without any modifications since unraid 6.7 at leasst

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You'd need to do that manually or with a script.

Would another solution be to keep all my "import files" or downloads on the evocachepool ONLY, then use the my regular process to move them to the movies folder structure, then let them offload to the array?

1 hour ago, mihcox said:

Would another solution be to keep all my "import files" or downloads on the evocachepool ONLY, then use the my regular process to move them to the movies folder structure, then let them offload to the array?

In principle that will work if set up correctly.    You need to allow for the behaviour of move commands at the Linux level as described in the Caution section of this part of the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page. The Unraid OS->Manual section in particular covers most features of the current Unraid release.