[Support] - Unifi-Controller: Unifi. Unraid. Reborn.

Hi!

I am running into any issue and hope someone can help. 

I have the container setup on br0 at x.x.4.100. My Unraid server is at x.x.4.32.

When I pull up the device list in Unifi, I see the Network Controller listed, but I am not seeing the UnRaid server or other containers with IPs listed (i.e. PiHole)

What can I do so that the Unraid server shows up as a device entry in Unifi?

EDIT: Nvm, figured out that I needed to switch from ipvlan to macvlan in the Docker Settings.

Edited by Nip
20 hours ago, Nip said:

Hi!

I am running into any issue and hope someone can help. 

I have the container setup on br0 at x.x.4.100. My Unraid server is at x.x.4.32.

When I pull up the device list in Unifi, I see the Network Controller listed, but I am not seeing the UnRaid server or other containers with IPs listed (i.e. PiHole)

What can I do so that the Unraid server shows up as a device entry in Unifi?

EDIT: Nvm, figured out that I needed to switch from ipvlan to macvlan in the Docker Settings.

Correct, sorry for late reply, was going to say this sounds like a duplicate mac issue caused by docker network setup. To confirm you are using macvlan. To have a individual mac address assigned to your docker containers.

Ubiquity auto uses a dns record for the inform IP address... so, when running a dns server, it is best practice to set a record for the inform IP.  "unifi" if using ubiquity network devices such as switches and routers... For netbios and ntlm networking, compatibility with win 95. It's best to set the domain name to localdomain. (Unfif uses this as default other operating systems and routers may use .lan or .local ...

image.thumb.png.aec6c47d7a9ca869c8e394837380e6fe.png

Since Pihole, Be sure to alos setup a pihole with a local dns record to help direct traffic and point unifi to the x.x.4.100 and add a record for your unifi.[your dhcp advertised domain name]

Example

so a dns record should exist for  
unifi

and 

example...

unifi.localdomain

unfi.local

unifi.lan

image.thumb.png.9c29f61982d7c206ecb98a51292bef89.png

Hello friends. I just can't seem to get unifi reborn to adopt my usw-pro-max-16-poe. 
Unraid 6.12.13. I am able to add 2 Unifi AP pros without issue but I SSH into my USW and factory rest and http://10.10.10.2:8080/inform but I never see it pop up in the UI at all. 
My unraid server is plugged directly into the switch. What could I be missing here?

Docker info: 

• All settings left to the default settings
  • Repo: 11notes/unifi:8.0.7-unraid
  • network type: Bridge
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, timothychare said:

Hello friends. I just can't seem to get unifi reborn to adopt my usw-pro-max-16-poe. 
Unraid 6.12.13. I am able to add 2 Unifi AP pros without issue but I SSH into my USW and factory rest and http://10.10.10.2:8080/inform but I never see it pop up in the UI at all. 
My unraid server is plugged directly into the switch. What could I be missing here?

Docker info: 

• All settings left to the default settings
  • Repo: 11notes/unifi:8.0.7-unraid
  • network type: Bridge

Upgrade to a higher unifi network application version..

https://techspecs.ui.com/unifi/switching/usw-pro-max-16-poe
look at device application requirements:

Application Requirements. UniFi Network, Version 8.1.127

so make a backup

See earlier in form:
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/147455-support-unifi-controller-unifi-unraid-reborn/?do=findComment&comment=1431473

Then
stop docker and change the repo to 

Stable: 11notes/unifi:8.3.32-unraid

Old Stable: 11notes/unifi:8.1.127-unraid

Then try to adopt again.

Edited by bmartino1
update instruction
3 hours ago, furian said:

would appear that 8.4.59-unraid is now available. (11 days now)

I’ve been running it since it was released without any issues. Also looks like 11 notes has released 8.4.62 docker, so depending on how that goes the Unraid version could be up in a few days

• Like 1