We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Invalid USB GUID

Tracy

So I got my server all set up and decided to register Unraid today. It was nice to get it on sale too. Either way, when I installed activation code I got and error. I went back to do it again and get an invalid USB GUID...I sent an email to support. Is that my only option? Or can I get help here?

thx,

Tracy

1 minute ago, Tracy said:

I dont know. Im not sure what the difference is. They did fix it for me though.

Invalid GUIDs tend to have number sequences with lots of zeros or sequences like 12345678.  

you can get ones that look like a valid GUID but that is not acceptable because it has been reused on every drive from the supplier so it is not unique.  This is common with counterfeit flash drives.

I remember when I was trying to install unraid on a USB drive I had to try a couple of different drives before I found one that UnRaid would let me use. I used Unraid for a few weeks before I decided to buy it. They sent me instructions on how to upload the key and when I used those instructions is when I got the error. I figured I had done something wrong and tried it again and it would not let me use the key again. Either way, I emailed support and they sent me different instructions on how to install the key. The new instructions worked fine. I just had to restart the server for it to show up as registered.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:11 PM, itimpi said:

Just for interest - did it look like it was a valid unique GUID?  

I dont know. Im not sure what the difference is. They did fix it for me though.