Unraid not getting 10G, limited to 1G Dell R720XD

I have my PC, Synology, & Unraid all conntect to a TP Link 10G switch.  My Synology & Unraid both have dedicated 10G & 1G ports, I have both NAS devices connected to the PC via the 10G switch.  I ran iperf3 on all 3 devices and this is what I am coming up with.
PC -> Synology +5G
PC -> Unraid 1G

I have verified cables work properly and nothing obvious that I can see is the issue.  My Unraid which runs on a Dell R720XD has a Intel X540/I350 rNDC with 2 10G ports & 2 1G ports.  I have also verified that I am connected to the actual 10G port.

No matter what I try Unraid is strictly operating at 1G speeds even when trying both 10G ports.

my crystal ball is hazy today, pls supply proper Diagnostics for this kind of question.

So I have to guess and present the usual reasons:

* bonding all kind of interfaces together => speed will be lowest in common

* not sorting the used 10G port to eth0

So, check your network settings, disable bonds and maybe bridges too and recheck.

Edited by MAM59

Thank you for the reply, I do not have any binding set and I only have bridging set on my eth0 1G connection. I ran iperf3 again after getting my ip address/subnets sorted out properly and iperf3 is able to almost get 10G when going from PC -> Unraid and from Synology -> Unraid. Below is the iperf log, the top test was from pc to unraid and the bottom one was from synology to unraid.

So it seems iperf can get almost 10G speeds but when it comes to actually copying files I can only get 1G speed which I don’t understand. I will attach diagnostics in a separate post. 

IMG_0251.jpeg

actual copy speeds from my pc to synology are 300+ megabytes a second whereas from pc to unraid are around 70-80 megabytes a second.

Edited by Android_18
1 hour ago, Android_18 said:

whereas from pc to unraid are around 70-80 megabytes a second.

If you are writing to the Unraid parity protected array then this is the sort of speed you can expect as described here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom. 

You can get higher speeds if writing to a pool that is outside the parity protected array.

So I used FTP to transfer a large file from my PC to the actual cache folder directly on Unraid and was able to get 10G speeds.  However, when I map my Share folder called "files" on Windows and attempt to copy the same file from Windows to Unraid I get 1G speeds.  It is like even though I set my "files" share to use cache for primary storage it is still writing to the array?

I thought adding a ssd cache pool outside of the protected array would allow faster speeds, am I adding the network drive to windows incorrectly or is Unraid not using the cache pool like it is supposed to?

I apologize if I am getting this wrong I have been reading forums & guides but still am not getting this to work correctly.

share.thumb.jpg.d3b3ca961855eea4d8af9485d31845de.jpg

Edited by Android_18
6 hours ago, Android_18 said:

When I transfer a file to /mnt/user/files I get these speeds(I am guessing this is the array?):

Depends on how that share is configured for primary storage, also note that FUSE always adds some overhead, you should get better performance using exclusive shares, if possible with your use case.