All docker apps have disappeared + strange warnings on Fix common problems

Hello,

The other day I restarted my server because it was behaving strangely and since then all my docker apps have disappeared ("No Docker containers installed" under Docker tab).

I had a look at the appdata folder and it looks empty.

I tried running the Fix common problems plugin and I get these strange warnings:

• Share appdata references non existent pool cache
  • Share downloads references non existent pool cache
  • Share isos references non existent pool cache
  • Share media references non existent pool cache
  • Share system references non existent pool cache

I double checked and I do have a Pool named cache, and each share is pointing to it so I think I should be all good there.

Could you help me find out what happened there and how to solve this?

thanks!

It looks as though that is because your 'cache' pool has failed to mount and is not visible to the system at the moment.   Not sure how to interpret the error messages in the syslog and thus the best way to proceed.  @JorgeB is likely to be the best for having a good suggestion.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If the log tree is the only issue this may help:

btrfs rescue zero-log /dev/nvme0n1p1

Then re-start the array

thanks! I tried that and I do not have the alerts anymore.

Though now when I went to the Docker screen I got an alert message "Docker Service failed to start."

Here is the new diagnosis file: server-diagnostics-20240104-1054.zip

Thanks for your help, I am not technical enough for these issues unfortunately 😅

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Doing this via Apps->Previous apps puts them back with previous settings intact.

oh that's really handy!

So I did that but unfortunately none of my dockers works anymore, for ex:

• Komga won't start, the logs say I am trying to write on a read-only db
  • Navidrome won't start either:

time="2024-01-04T12:26:44Z" level=error msg="Error disabling foreign_keys" error="unable to open database file: no such file or directory"
    time="2024-01-04T12:26:44Z" level=fatal msg="Database could not be opened!" error="unable to open database file: no such file or directory"

• Photoprism has an "unable to establish a connection to the server" error if I try to reach the GUI

server-diagnostics-20240104-1325.zip

Let me know if I can still ask questions here, or if each issues should be dealt with separately!

Your appdata and system shares have files on the array. This is probably the result of having Docker enabled without a cache drive.

Disable Docker in Settings and see if you can get all that moved to cache. Mover won't replace files so there will probably be some manual cleanup with Dynamix File Manager.

You also need to change Docker from macvlan to ipvlan.

The main problem though is your cache is still read-only so you will have to fix that before you can do anything else.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your appdata and system shares have files on the array. This is probably the result of having Docker enabled without a cache drive.

Disable Docker in Settings and see if you can get all that moved to cache. Mover won't replace files so there will probably be some manual cleanup with Dynamix File Manager.

You also need to change Docker from macvlan to ipvlan.

The main problem though is your cache is still read-only so you will have to fix that before you can do anything else.

So I have disabled Docker, went into Main-> Move.

But could you help me to do the following?

• change Docker from macvlan to ipvlan
  • change my cache to read/write

thanks!

On 1/4/2024 at 2:29 PM, trurl said:

Mover isn't going to work with read-only cache.

ipvlan is in the Docker Settings.

You might try scrub on cache, but you may have to backup and reformat. Maybe @JorgeB can suggest what to do.

sorry @JorgeB, do you have an idea of what I could try to do to put my cache in read/write?

thanks!

50 minutes ago, shry8 said:

It seems to have worked, thank you!

Why do you say that? Diagnostics says cache is unmountable.

Since you have docker enabled without cache, all that has been recreated on disk1. Disable Docker in Settings until we get cache working again and all that moved back to cache where it belongs.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Why do you say that? Diagnostics says cache is unmountable.

Since you have docker enabled without cache, all that has been recreated on disk1. Disable Docker in Settings until we get cache working again and all that moved back to cache where it belongs.

oh right sorry! It wasn't displaying that message right after the formatting and I only tried to open dockers -- since I could open them I assumed the problem had been fixed.

ok I have disabled docker!

51 minutes ago, trurl said:

Can you format cache?

That's what I did, I stopped the array, then formated it. I just tried it again and I get the "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system " error again once I start back the array