Disk array in the disk cabinet randomly drops disks during verification.

Go to solution Solved by yuelpl,

19 hours ago, trurl said:

wait for the error to occur then get it, zip it, and post it.

Hi, the error has occurred. I have uploaded new diagnostic logs and syslog in the reply, along with a description and images. Can you please help me analyze where the problem is?

Thank you.

Edited by yuelpl
7 minutes ago, trurl said:

It says that earlier post on the first page was edited 17 hours ago, so it's not clear if that information is the latest.

If you look at that syslog it is obvious you still have connection problems,

The diagnostic logs and syslog were downloaded after the issue reoccurred but before reboot the server. I have purchased new connection cables and a power supply, and I will try replacing them once they arrive on Sunday.

If it still doesn't work, I will consider replacing the passthrough card for the array. However, I'm concerned that changing the P222 passthrough card to an LSI 9217 might result in data loss on the disks. Is that a possibility?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The issue has been resolved. After repeatedly testing by replacing hardware, it was found that the problem was caused by poor heat dissipation of the P222 array card. Normal functionality has been restored after cleaning and other treatments.

Edited by yuelpl