Docker Failed to Start > Cache drives missing?

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Noticed this morning after a reboot last night

image.png.e85a951d488d6ae5fbb2fcc6f4c8465d.png

Started googling that issue as I recalled sometimes the docker image or something getting corrupted as something I'd seen before.

But then noticed this

image.png.9f0b88cef4ab980a1eb11020a1aeec50.png

I have 6 (... I'm pretty sure it was 6) SSDs in a pool for the cache.  They are getting up there in age wouldn't surprise me if one failed but I wouldn't have expected them all to vanish.

Its currently doing a parity check, once that finishes I'll stop the array and do a nice clean reboot + check the cables etc.

In the mean time maybe someone might see something in the logs that didn't catch my eye?

phoenix-diagnostics-20240202-1057.zip

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Diagnostics shows 6 slots for a pool named cache with nothing assigned to any of them. All the connected disks are part of the array, except for a single 2TB nvme which is unassigned. If there were ever any other attached drives they didn't show up for the reboot.

Thanks for clarifying that, once this parity check finishes I'll do a clean shutdown and check all the cables.

Now that I think about it I did move the rack a little bit yesterday maybe something got loose.

So strange I must have just shock a power cable loose.  After double checking all connections and giving them a wiggle, the drive are back.
image.png.94152217bdc7cd865c5d902aed69ee04.png
But I'm assuming I have to get the disks reassigned in the right order right?

I do thankfully keep backups and was able to go did them up and find the disk assignments at /config/DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt from the backup of the unraid flashdrive.

Thank you for the help