Running out of space, but I'm not

Better yet would be a new plugin which basically does the "Unsplit" thing for you. It would go through the folders, one by one, looking for files spread out across mualtiple drives and physically move the files that are smaller than the largest to the physical folder with the largest file

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I am a total newbie.

I was having issues with my server too.

It kept saying I didn't have space.

When my array still had 3.5tb free across 9 drives, with a few with only 200gb free.

as I was reading through this post and fiddling with settings.

I notice I had the minimum free space set at 900gb.

I changed it to 10gb

and its working again.

I'm curious if it that setting maybe a the cause? having the setting the minimum too high. 

46 minutes ago, sck said:

I'm curious if it that setting maybe a the cause? having the setting the minimum too high. 

Almost certainly as having it too high would make Unraid consider as full any drive that has less than that free.

Conversely setting it too low can also cause issues as considering your example Unraid will try to put any new file onto a drive as long as it has at least 10GB free.   This means writes of Giles larger than 10GB csn start failing.    Ideally you want the value to be larger than the biggest file you expect to write in normal operation.