Issue With Adding Drive to Existing Pool

Hi,

I have the following :

Parity is 18tb 

Disk 1 16tb

Disk 2 18tb

Disk 3 10tb

Disk 4 16tb

I was starting to get low on space, so I activated one of my old 10tb drives. It was sitting there doing nothing and it still worked. My disks are mirrored so obviously whatever I add I lose half.  It wiped the disk, and then I formatted it, and it added it to the pool. The problem is, it added the full 10tb, it should have only added 5tb. It's also not showing a file system for the disk I added. I'm assuming with the new changes to Unraid I must have done something wrong? Never had this problem before. 

Another question, how many disks should you have before using a second parity disk? I was going to setup a second set of disks for backups, but I just have too much data. I'm just going to have to take my chances. I try not to let my disks get too old. 

Any help is appreciated. 

The pool is set in raid mode. If I add 50tb of space, I'm only going to have 25tb available. That is the way mine is working. Up until now, when I added 10tb and it gave me the whole thing. I only had 5tb left, it should have been 10tb when I added the disk., but it's showing 15tb. Can't post anything at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Badboy said:

The pool is set in raid mode. If I add 50tb of space, I'm only going to have 25tb available. That is the way mine is working. Up until now, when I added 10tb and it gave me the whole thing. I only had 5tb left, it should have been 10tb when I added the disk., but it's showing 15tb. Can't post anything at the moment. 

All the screen shots you posted refer to the main Unraid array - not to a pool and the main array only uses the Unraid proprietary variant of RAID.   In the main Unraid array the available space is the sum of the data drives.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

And that is correct, a new added array disk will always have its full capacity available.

Stupid me I guess, never noticed the array was using the full amounts. How many disks should you have before considering a second parity drive? Thanks.