Unraid 6.12.10 - HTTP 500 Error

Hello, i have been having Issues with the Web interface becoming completely inaccessible after a fews hours of running my Server. The LogIn page appears but after that only HTTP 500. I can SSH into the server to shut it down / restart it. I have looked through the logs but cant find anything pointing in me in the right direction. 

For context I build a new Server because my old one is out of space. Right now I am copying TBs of data from the old to the new and trying to setup my dockers better than before. At the moment I only got two Dockers container and no parity disks to copying goes faster. 
I also got an Intel X540 Dual Lan Card installed maybe that's causing some trouble. 

I attached my most recent Diagnostic

tower-diagnostics-20240421-0915.zip

Posted (edited)

It must have happened after Apr 20 18:59:11 and before Apr 21 00:00:38. At Apr 20 18:59:11 I started configuring the Cloudflare Docker and testing that. And a few minutes before Apr 21 00:00:38 I went to check on the Server before going to bed and it had the HTTP 500. And at Apr 21 00:00:38 I tried to login through firefox which also threw the HTTP 500 Error. 

Edit: Even though it probably got nothing todo with the Problem I uninstalled unassigned.devices.preclear becuase I don't need it and the csrf error was bothering me. 

Edited by Jakobustrop

When the problem is occurring, please SSH in and run:

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

What is the response, and does it help?

Also please run:

cat /var/log/nginx/error.log

and copy/paste the results back here. There is a lot of noise in this file but maybe something useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem after updating to Unraid 6.12.10! I was unclearing a disk and am afraid to manually restart the server. Any suggestions? The server is running, I have access to all drives, just not the web user interface to get to the controls. Log in and get the error.

Sorry for the late update. The Problem relatively suddenly went away and what maybe solved the issue, even though i would find it odd, is that I remembered that I had to update the DNS rebinding exceptions in my router (Fritz Box) with the new URL and IP that wasn't in there. I would find it odd because the HTTP 500 error only appeared after some time and only after Log-In, I would have expected such a rebind protection to kick in instantly.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:45 PM, ljm42 said:

When the problem is occurring, please SSH in and run:

/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart

What is the response, and does it help?

Also please run:

cat /var/log/nginx/error.log

and copy/paste the results back here. There is a lot of noise in this file but maybe something useful.

and to quickly respond to this. Sadly cant send you a log because the problem went away but I did restart nginx back when it was happening and it restarted just normally. So I think it really was external factors. 

Big thanks to Github user baumerdev, they submitted a PR ( https://github.com/unraid/webgui/pull/1717 ) that will likely solve the problem mentioned in this thread

In the meantime, if you get a 500 error when signing in you can do the following:

• Sign in from a different IP address, to bypass a bug in the bad password rate limiter
  • -Or- SSH in to the server (or use the server's console) and type: 
    rm /var/log/pwfail/*