Logitech Media Server - updated plugin, now supports upgrades

Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.  Very much appreciate this, especially as I admit I now should have gone and re-read the OP.  Sorry about that.

If you don't mind I'll definitely have a stab doing my own version of the plugin.  Mainly so I can get something working here for me that I'm happy with, but if I can help make it simpler or squash issues like the Log dir problem, then I'll gladly share that along the way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overbyrn,

You are welcome. If you can make things more stable and squash bugs then I'm sure someone here would appreciate it. It seems from this thread that its not quite yet plug-and-play.

I don't have any particular feelings for being the main maintainer of this plugin, in fact I would rather not be that person, as my life is a bit too busy at the moment. So if you do make something share-able, don't hold yourself back :)

Alex

Overbyrn,

You are welcome. If you can make things more stable and squash bugs then I'm sure someone here would appreciate it. It seems from this thread that its not quite yet plug-and-play.

I don't have any particular feelings for being the main maintainer of this plugin, in fact I would rather not be that person, as my life is a bit too busy at the moment. So if you do make something share-able, don't hold yourself back :)

Alex

Alex, have sent you a PM with a dev version of my plugin.  If you get time, please can you take a look.  Thanks

Update - 8th May 2013.

Plugin removed from this message and sources from dropbox.  This plugin never got added to the first post so I'm not sure how many people are actively using it.  Also, as part of migrating my plugins to github, I'd need to rewrite this one to align it (code-wise) and I don't have sufficient time for this.

Alex + others, here's my take on a plugin for Logitech Media Server.  I got a bit carried away and it's pretty much a complete rewrite so I've probably introduced a ton of bugs.  Maybe there's someone brave enough to give it a go and let me know how they get on.

Please read all of the below before you go installing this...

Some of the things I've done & changed;

• Slight rename.  Less slimserver/squeezebox, more LogitechMediaSever (LMS)
  • User "nobody" runs LMS.  There's no need for a specific user.  If you have one from a previous plugin, it's not used. For the technically minded, no symlinks are used either.  Everything's run from the installation location
  • The plugin installs everything to one single "flat" directory.  I've not separated application from data as I don't see the need.  My thinking here is that all users are going to install to somewhere that is persistent storage.  The only important directories are "prefs" & "Cache" which is where user config is stored.  Just need to take these into account during an upgrade.  As an aside, it should go without saying but please don't install to somewhere that is ramFS like /usr/local/blah.  You'll lose everything upon a reboot.  Please use /mnt/disk{x}/foo, /mnt/user/foo or /mnt/cache/foo
  • I've tried to make the plugin smart enough to work out what is the latest stable version by scraping the download location and when found use that to download and install.  My hope here is to remove the need to sometimes manually modify the plugin.  Time will tell on that one as it's my first attempt to include upgrade logic in a plugin
  • Nighty builds are supported.  As with the above point, the plugin will try to grab the latest link for the newest nightly.  Use at your own risk.  There's probably some logic somewhere that I've not accounted for in switching between stable and nightly.  If you do want to go down the nightly route, it's best to start fresh.  I'm going to assume if you're up for running nightlies, then you're also capable of making a copy of "prefs" & "Cache" so that you don't lose your existing config.
  • Because the plugin tries to work out what to download, the plugin makes no attempt to download LMS during plugin installation.  It gets dependencies such as Perl, but that's all.  The rest is downloaded once you get into the LMS webgui settings page.
  • The plugin will always try to install from a locally stored copy of the application archive first.  The thinking behind this is that upon first install, the plugin goes and grabs the "latest" version.  It downloads this to the plugin directory on the flash drive.  Thereafter, it uses this to re-install from if found.  There's a separate update routine which replaces the stored version for a new one.
  • The webgui lets you configure the http port.  Not a major thing, but was simple to introduce
  • Logging.  I found the LMS logs didn't work for me.  All I got was what I saw in the syslog.  Logs are working again and can be accessed from inside the LMS web settings page.  Also, I've removed logging to syslog but instead there is a new log which - assuming you're using SpeedingAnts enhanced webgui + logging plugin - can be browsed nicely via his logs page (eg. UnRAID webGui->Utils->Logs, open "plugins" in the tree on the left and view "lms".

I've made *NO* attempt to account for someone who's used a previous plugin.  Way too many variables for my liking.  If you want to upgrade, I suggest the best way is to start by taking a backup of your current installation and then delete the old installation.  After you've installed everything, copy back "prefs" and "Cache" from your backup.  If you copy back from telnet command line/MC, then you need to make sure you assign the correct user rights for "nobody" afterwards.  Ideally, copy "prefs" and "Cache" from another computer as you'll most likely inherit the correct permissions for user "nobody".  If in doubt, then from telnet

chown -R nobody:users /your/install/location

&

chmod -R /your/install/location

after copying "prefs" and "Cache".  Or just start over with a fresh config.  Your call.

As mentioned, I've probably not accounted for everything and I highly doubt it'll be to everyone's liking.  But it works for me, and that's really why I wrote it.  If it works for others, well that's just a bonus.

I tried installing new 1.4v plugin and get this in the log file "/var/log/plugins/lms":

[12-10-31 21:44:11.4065] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33893, Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012) perl 5.010001
[12-10-31 21:44:13.0515] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('dbname=/usr/local/slimserver/data/Cache/library.db','slimser
ver',...) failed: unable to open database file at /mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 999
[12-10-31 21:44:13.0531] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1023)
   frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 853)
   frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 789)
   frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
   frame 5: (eval) (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
   frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 314)
   frame 7: Slim::Schema::_connect (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 129)
   frame 8: Slim::Schema::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 667)
   frame 9: Slim::Music::Import::_checkLibraryStatus (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 594)
   frame 10: Slim::Music::Import::useImporter (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Media/MediaFolderScan.pm line 46)
   frame 11: Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 522)
   frame 12: main::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 643)
   frame 13: main::main (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1158)

[12-10-31 21:44:13.0546] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('dbname=/usr/local/slimserver/data/Ca
che/library.db','slimserver',...) failed: unable to open database file at /mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 999
[12-10-31 21:44:13.0561] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 47)
   frame 2: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 314)
   frame 3: Slim::Schema::_connect (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 129)
   frame 4: Slim::Schema::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 667)
   frame 5: Slim::Music::Import::_checkLibraryStatus (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 594)
   frame 6: Slim::Music::Import::useImporter (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Slim/Media/MediaFolderScan.pm line 46)
   frame 7: Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 522)
   frame 8: main::init (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 643)
   frame 9: main::main (/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1158)

[12-10-31 21:44:13.0576] Carp::Clan::__ANON__ (214) Warning: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('dbname=/usr/local/slimserver
/data/Cache/library.db','slimserver',...) failed: unable to open database file at /mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 999
[12-10-31 21:44:13.0591] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2118) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

seems "/usr/local/slimserver/" is being looked for on second line of log file... which you removed as part of your update.

Also database is looked for under "data/cache" folder as in original plugin.

Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('dbname=/usr/local/slimserver/data/Cache/library.db','slimser

That line is saying the application is looking for the library.db at /usr/local/slimserver/data/Cache and I'm betting it really needs to be "/mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/slimserver/Cache/library.db".

It stores this in a config file of its own and it's this that is getting upset at the old location.  You can manually hack this if you like but you're very much on your own.  The file you're looking for is called "server.prefs" and it lives in the prefs dir underneath where-ever you have LMS installed.

Look for a line starting "dbsource".  Mine looks like "dbsource: dbi:SQLite:dbname=/mnt/user/Services/lms/Cache/library.db"

Modify this to match where you have things installed.

As mentioned in my post, I really can't factor in all the existing install variables, which is why it's better to start fresh.  That said, if you're prepared to mess around, then I suggest the following...

Rename your old install.  Install a completely fresh copy via the 1.4 plugin to your chosen location.  Then, go looking for the directories "prefs" and "Cache" in your old renamed install.  Copy everything over from these old dirs to the new location.  If you've not started the plugin, then you won't see these dirs in the new location.  They get created when LMS daemon starts.  Be careful here as you need to make sure the user and permissions are correct.  So if you do decide to go this route, then copy the contents of the prefs and Cache from over a share.  Don't get doing it from command line in telnet as you'll be running as root and most probably will create dirs and files with the wrong permissions.  I mentioned in my earlier post what you need to type to change the ownership to nobody.  I'll assume if you're still reading this then you're comfortable working things out.  Lastly as you will have copied over "server.prefs" from your old location, you'll need to make the modification I mention above to the dbsource line so that when LMS starts, it's looking in the correct place for the library.db file.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

overbyrn

I am getting the following errors in "server.log" when playing specific internet radio stations (not all):

[12-10-31 23:50:49.7242] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Error in tempfile() using ./XXXXXXXXXX: Parent directory (./) is not writable
at /mnt/cache/unRAID_Apps/LogitechMediaServer/Slim/Utils/Scanner/Remote.pm line 729
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0xc7e5850)

After some Googling I found that slimserver is trying to temporarily write streaming audio buffers to /tmp folder and probably doesn't have permissions.

I checked permissions of /tmp folder and the permissions where:

0 drwxr-xr-x   7 root root     0 2012-10-31 23:44 tmp/

Indeed only root has write permissions to this folder.

I ran:

chmod 777 /tmp

and the errors are gone.

Is there a way to change slimserver's temporary folder location?

Otherwise I will need to add above line to go script, or better yet:

chmod a+rwxt /tmp

Good catch.  I tend to only playback local music, although I did setup Spotify and that seemed okay.  Can you give me a hint on what/how you setup LMS to get that error?  I'll try to reproduce here and hopefully find a way to have it write to someplace where it does have permissions.  Failing that, I'll revert back to having a dedicated user with sufficient rights.

Good catch.  I tend to only playback local music, although I did setup Spotify and that seemed okay.  Can you give me a hint on what/how you setup LMS to get that error?  I'll try to reproduce here and hopefully find a way to have it write to someplace where it does have permissions.  Failing that, I'll revert back to having a dedicated user with sufficient rights.

I use nobody as the user (just as you defined in the plugin).

What permissions do you have on your /tmp folder?

Another way around this (haven't tested it yet), which should probably be part of unRAID basic definitions, is to set the enviroment variable TMPDIR as /var/tmp which has permissions already defined for all users.

export TMPDIR=/var/tmp

To get the errors try adding the following radio station to your favorites and play it:

Galgalatz 91.8 (World)
http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s68320&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,wmpro,wma,wmvoice&partnerId=16&serial=67ab928e4265825b995a141ca68abf65

theone, now I'm confused... added radio station as directed, fired up squeezeplay so I could use it as my player, played station, expected error, but no such thing... it happily played the station.  Now I'm not sure what to try.  This is me using it on a test Unraid with LMS as the only plugin.  I checked /tmp to see if anything was in there.  Not a thing.  Well, not LMS related. 

yy2OD.jpg

Nothing unusual in the LMS server.log (just me doing a quick scan prior to the test):

root@Tower:/mnt/disk1/lms/Logs# cat server.log |grep 12-11-01

[12-11-01 07:46:15.1770] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (171) Discovering audio files in /mnt/user/Music/Albums Artists

[12-11-01 07:46:15.6203] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (254) Removing deleted audio files (0)

[12-11-01 07:46:15.6205] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (332) Scanning new audio files (54)

[12-11-01 07:46:15.6211] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (410) Rescanning changed audio files (0)

[12-11-01 07:46:21.0861] Slim::Music::Artwork::precacheAllArtwork (447) Starting precacheArtwork for 4 albums

[12-11-01 07:46:22.2057] Slim::Music::Artwork::__ANON__ (552) precacheArtwork finished in 1.11914300918579

[12-11-01 07:46:23.0175] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (171) Discovering audio files in /mnt/disk1/lms/playlists

[12-11-01 07:46:23.0239] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (254) Removing deleted audio files (0)

[12-11-01 07:46:23.0241] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (332) Scanning new audio files (0)

[12-11-01 07:46:23.0243] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (410) Rescanning changed audio files (0)

root@Tower:/mnt/disk1/lms/Logs#

Interestingly although LMS doesn't seem to be using /tmp, I checked perms for that dir anyway and it was already:

drwxrwxrwt  5 root root    0 2012-11-01 07:49 tmp/

I don't think the ownership'd be a problem.  The last permission group "other" is set to rwx, so user nobody will have access as essentially 'world' permission.  I'm wondering why your tmp wasn't this to begin with.

Will try some more tests.  A few more people using the plugin would be helpful.

I've been using this for a week or so and it's pretty sweet.  I've got two wifi connected Raspi running squeezeslave, my desktop has softsqueeze and I run squeezeslave as a service on my windows htpc.  I download an app for my PlayBook to control the server.

The two Pis sync perfectly, but when I start mixing wifi and ethernet devices I get sync issues.  Still messing with it, but it's fun to play with.

Thanks for the plugin!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

After updating to 5.0-rc10 and running the new permission script I cannot install logitechmediaserver-v1.4.plg

I used a new LMS Installation Directory and it seems that it´s a permission problem. The script doesn’t create the LMS Installation Directory ( /mnt/cache/.custom/lms ).

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Before I had this plugin running for 2 month without a problem with 5.0-rc08a.

Maybe someone with a little bit more linux experience can figure out what’s going on. And by the way there is nothing in the syslog.

edit

after a reboot and a rerun of the new permission script the LMS is running again.

• 1 month later...

Dear Experts,

I seem to be having problems getting LMS to install anywhere except into RAM on 'local'.

If I try to install into /mnt/user/xxx or even on the USB stick via /boot/LMS/ I always get the error when trying to start LMS which is shown below "lms.pid not created".

Any advice as to how to get it to run on my USB stick (best case) or even a HDD would be great as I can't work it out at the moment and each time I reboot the box I lose all my settings for it.

Oh and I am using logitechmediaserver-v1.4.plg if that helps.

/etc/rc.d/rc.lms enable 9000 /mnt/user/_slimserver yes /mnt/user/.slimserver

Applying Settings (enable) ...

Installing LMS...

Extracting LMS application to /tmp...

Cleaning unnecessary files...

Moving LMS application to /mnt/user/_slimserver...

Creating default playlist directory (/mnt/user/_slimserver/playlists)

Changing ownership (nobody) & permissions (0770 rwxrwx---)

... OK

Installing LMS...

Extracting LMS application to /tmp...

Cleaning unnecessary files...

Moving LMS application to /mnt/user/_slimserver...

Creating default playlist directory (/mnt/user/_slimserver/playlists)

Changing ownership (nobody) & permissions (0770 rwxrwx---)

... OK

Starting LMS...

lms.pid not created for some reason... OK

Many thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

LMS/linux help required!

I had a happily running installation until I added a new off-array drive and tried to move lms to it.

Now all I get is pid not created/permission denied when I set install dir to /mnt/ssd/lms.(my new drive).

I can still get LMS running from /usr/local/lms & /mnt/data/lms (my old hdd) by changing at the unraid plugin settings.

I guess the problem is more linux drive setup and there is some permission required for the new drive to be able to run lms but I can't figure out what. I'm running CouchPotato from there with no problems.

Cheers..

OK, fixed, I had set the wrong mount options in my go file leading to noexec to be set at the mount point. ??? Looking at the files they had the correct permissions so that's what was confusing me.

FYI the correct mount was set up with 'mount -t ext4 -o defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard /dev/sde /mnt/ssd'. (The discard bit is for SSD). I also set the mountpoint '/mnt/ssd' to 'chmod 777' & 'chown nobody:users' before mounting - not sure if this was important.

Kandinsky maybe mount options could be the source of your problems?

Cheers, AndyRich

• 2 months later...

Dear Experts,

I'm still having the issue that I get when I try to install LMS to anything either than "usr/local/slimserver" on the main flash drive or an extra mounted flash USB stick. The same error crops up each time "lms.pid cannot be started".

The problem is of course that 'local' is in memory and each time I reboot I lose all my settings.  Any advice please as to how I can get LMS to install (ideally on a separate mounted flash USB stick rather than the unraid one to save on writes to the drive).

Any insight gratefully received.

Dear Experts,

I'm still having the issue that I get when I try to install LMS to anything either than "usr/local/slimserver" on the main flash drive or an extra mounted flash USB stick. The same error crops up each time "lms.pid cannot be started".

The problem is of course that 'local' is in memory and each time I reboot I lose all my settings.  Any advice please as to how I can get LMS to install (ideally on a separate mounted flash USB stick rather than the unraid one to save on writes to the drive).

Any insight gratefully received.

Try this...

Install plugin.

Configure so that it is installed to /boot/lms

Do not start it from webgui settings

Telnet into your server

type

/etc/rc.d/rc.lms start

Record whether you get the message saying pid not created

Regardless of if you get the message, check if there is a pid file created:

eg.

root@Tower:/etc/rc.d# ls -la /var/run/lms

total 4

drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users 0 2013-06-15 15:16 ./

drwxr-xr-x 8 root  root  0 2013-06-15 15:07 ../

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 4 2013-06-15 15:16 lms.pid

Also check to see if LMS is running:

ps -ef | grep slimserver.pl

eg. returns something like:

nobody    5156    1  0 15:16 pts/0    00:00:01 /usr/bin/perl /boot/lms/slimserver.pl --dameon --user nobody --group users --httpport 9000 --pidfile /var/run/lms/lms.pid --cachedir /boot/lms/Cache --prefsd

If you get something similar, try accessing LMS from the URL.  eg. http://tower:9000

Does it work?

Report back on your findings and I will attempt to help further.

EDIT: I have used the same version of the plugin and installed to same location stated above.  I also saw the pid missing message, but checking at command line I saw there was an instance running.  The plugin webgui settings page uses the existence of the pid file to decide if to show that LMS is / isn't running, so there is probably just something simple wrong with the pid file detection.

I get the following errors: I even chmod 777 the /boot/lms directory and all things under it but seems to not make any difference.  Where am I going wrong please?

I don't find a .pid file and LMS is not running.  I assume there is some reason a difference in permissions for /boot/lms and /usr/local ?

chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver/Cache/library.db-wal': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver/Cache/library.db-shm': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver/Cache/persist.db-wal': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver/Cache/persist.db-shm': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver/Cache': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms/slimserver': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/boot/lms': Operation not permitted
... OK
Starting LMS...
lms.pid not created for some reason... OK

I don't find a .pid file and LMS is not running.  I assume there is some reason a difference in permissions for /boot/lms and /usr/local ?

Permissions are not relevant on flash as it's formatted as fat32 and permission commands will fail, like you are seeing.  That is not to say flash can not be used, it's just that by default the permissions will be 777. 

What happens if you try to run LMS directly from the command line like this:

sudo -u nobody /boot/lms/slimserver.pl --dameon --user nobody --group users --httpport 9000 --pidfile /var/run/lms/lms.pid --cachedir /boot/lms/Cache  --prefsdir /boot/lms/prefs

(this assumes you have already installed it to /boot/lms)

I've notices that there is now a 7.8 LMS, and it's offically tagged as 'Community Supported'. One of the things mentioned is they are slowly removing the dependence on mysqueezbox.com for things (starting with the TuneIn plugin).. any thoughts on porting this over?

• 2 weeks later...

I've notices that there is now a 7.8 LMS, and it's offically tagged as 'Community Supported'. One of the things mentioned is they are slowly removing the dependence on mysqueezbox.com for things (starting with the TuneIn plugin).. any thoughts on porting this over?

I've just been googling 7.8 LMS, but my LMS install does not detect an update, and even with nightlies selected still on 7.7. Would it be possible to update the plugin?! :)

I've just been googling 7.8 LMS, but my LMS install does not detect an update, and even with nightlies selected still on 7.7. Would it be possible to update the plugin?! :)

Which plugin version for LMS are you using?  There are several listed on the first post.  If you're using > v1.3, then you may be using a version I posted later in this thread, but I don't think it was ever included on the first post so I'm not sure who is actively using it and unfortunately I no longer maintain it.  Please make sure sure you're using a version of the plugin from the first post and if still having issues, perhaps Alex R. Berg can help.

Regards,

overbyrn

Hi All and overbyrn,

I'm sorry I've been a bottleneck. Overbyrn, I'll happily update the version of the plugin on the front page if its good. I have not found the time to test it yet, but I expect I could do so in my holiday in a couple of weeks. If you wish, I can also link from the main page to a new thread by you, if you wish. Overbyrn your release of squeezeserver is not on your github and above you said you don't want to maintain it. I strongly suspect its a big improvement over the old version of the plugin so I don't think it should die.

Also, should we update the plugin wiki to point to this thread. I don't quite know the 'rules' of the wiki, and I don't like to update it with i link to my own post.

Cheers Alex