Logitech Media Server - updated plugin, now supports upgrades

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overbuyrn, i'm using your up to date plugin for LMS

Wheres that thread by the way?

Having an issue..

Installed perfectly, working perfectly except... when i reboot.. the plugin is gone on the settings page of unraid.. so i have to reinstall although it said data would persist on reboot.

If i check, files are still there.. it just doesnt show on unraid settings page, nor does it start..

Can you help please?

If it is not showing in the settings page upon a reboot but it /is/ showing on settings page once you have performed a manual installation after a reboot, then I must assume there is something interfering with the automatic plg install during a reboot which does not occur when you install manually afterwards.  I would look at what other plugins are being installed and in what order when the system is rebooted.  Confirm this by making lms the only plugin to be installed during a reboot and see if it then automatically installs okay and shows on the settings page without you having to perform a manual reinstall after reboot.

Overbuyrn, i'm using your up to date plugin for LMS

Wheres that thread by the way?

Having an issue..

Installed perfectly, working perfectly except... when i reboot.. the plugin is gone on the settings page of unraid.. so i have to reinstall although it said data would persist on reboot.

If i check, files are still there.. it just doesnt show on unraid settings page, nor does it start..

Can you help please?

If it is not showing in the settings page upon a reboot but it /is/ showing on settings page once you have performed a manual installation after a reboot, then I must assume there is something interfering with the automatic plg install during a reboot which does not occur when you install manually afterwards.  I would look at what other plugins are being installed and in what order when the system is rebooted.  Confirm this by making lms the only plugin to be installed during a reboot and see if it then automatically installs okay and shows on the settings page without you having to perform a manual reinstall after reboot.

So i have to turn off all other installs and see if it's installed?

• 3 months later...

Did anyone figure this out?

I cannot get the nightly to install at all.

Not sure if I am picking up the same error, but I just can't get the app to install from within the plugin.

I've changed back to the default install directory and it still won't install.

Edit: Just want to add, this is with the change mentioned here, changed in the plg  -> https://github.com/overbyrn/UnRAID/issues/4

Edit1: I've manually downloaded the file for the latest nightly and put in /boot/config/plugins/lms and that app installs to my selected directory and all is fine.

For me it seems the PID error message is a red herring and it was just about the latest nightly not being downloaded correctly.

Did anyone figure this out?

I cannot get the nightly to install at all.

Not sure if I am picking up the same error, but I just can't get the app to install from within the plugin.

I've changed back to the default install directory and it still won't install.

Edit: Just want to add, this is with the change mentioned here, changed in the plg  -> https://github.com/overbyrn/UnRAID/issues/4

Edit1: I've manually downloaded the file for the latest nightly and put in /boot/config/plugins/lms and that app installs to my selected directory and all is fine.

For me it seems the PID error message is a red herring and it was just about the latest nightly not being downloaded correctly.

Once you've applied the plugin fix, you'll have to totally uninstall lms, delete the lms share, and start over.  Be sure to use the updated lms plugin.  It will then work properly after that.  The bug in the original plugin got lms very confused on updating.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Overbryn!

Not sure if your still maintaining this plugin, or if life has very inconsiderately taken president over unRAID plugins  :D but if you were I've made a few tweaks which if you get a spare 2 min might want to look into?

According to http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101312-LMS-7-8-1-or-7-9-0-Which-way-to-go I (think) the people who are still developing LMS have decided to leave 7.7 as official and stable, 7.8 as unofficial but stable and 7.9 as unofficial and unstable... In your plugin I've simply switched 7.8 for 7.9 and it works a treat!

Also, I've moved onto v6 and as such using a lot of your x64 plugins ( as always, very much appreciated!!) You didn't have a LMS x64 plugin, but as v6 unRAID has perl included it was just a simple comment out / remove line for the perl parts and , as I said above, its working a treat!

I've attached my modified plg file if it would save you time, or if you have no time, if it might stop people asking for it from you!

As always, your plugins are very much appreciated!

lms_x64_overbyrn.txt

Hey Alex, yep I'm still alive, although I'm moving to the States on Sunday so needless to say life is a tad busy.  That being said I do still want to maintain my plugins and as always I'm very grateful to you for helping. I'll do what I can to update LMS as soon as I can.

All the best,

overbyrn.

The version that I had running on my Windows 2012 R2 Essentials Home Server died or quit working. Anyway I could not get to it via the browser and neither of my players (Boom or Duet) could connect either. I was contemplating on bringing up a Windows 7/8 VM to run the app. Then it hit me, maybe there was a plugin for unRAID and sure enough I found it here on this thread. I downloaded Overbyrn's current one 7.8 and EUREKA it work! :) :) :)

I am very happy now that my two players are working again.

I did change the install directory from disk1 to my cache drive, since it is an SSD, just so there is no spin-up or spin-down.

Thank you Overbyrn for your great apps.

Hi Overbryn!

Not sure if your still maintaining this plugin, or if life has very inconsiderately taken president over unRAID plugins  :D but if you were I've made a few tweaks which if you get a spare 2 min might want to look into?

According to http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101312-LMS-7-8-1-or-7-9-0-Which-way-to-go I (think) the people who are still developing LMS have decided to leave 7.7 as official and stable, 7.8 as unofficial but stable and 7.9 as unofficial and unstable... In your plugin I've simply switched 7.8 for 7.9 and it works a treat!

Also, I've moved onto v6 and as such using a lot of your x64 plugins ( as always, very much appreciated!!) You didn't have a LMS x64 plugin, but as v6 unRAID has perl included it was just a simple comment out / remove line for the perl parts and , as I said above, its working a treat!

I've attached my modified plg file if it would save you time, or if you have no time, if it might stop people asking for it from you!

I've noticed that I have been unable to upgrade my service from version 7.9.0 revision 1402065712;

Its wont upgrade since 3 or 4 new revisions.

Dont suppose you have seen the same issue at all?

Hi Overbryn!

Is it possible to tweak you r plugin to work for x86 with 7.9?

Have you made any more changes except the 3 changes from 7.8 to 7.9 at all?

Thanks

Hi Overbryn!

Is it possible to tweak you r plugin to work for x86 with 7.9?

Have you made any more changes except the 3 changes from 7.8 to 7.9 at all?

Thanks

The only changes I made were the 7.8 / 7.9 changes. All you need to do for x86 is either take Overbryns original x86 plugin and update for 7.9, or take mine and change the download from x64 to x86 :)

Alex

Hi everyone,

I've used alxscott's amended plg file and got to LMS 7.9, but I'm still getting the lms.pid not working issue.

Anyone has any other ideas? I tried everything I've read.

Thanks!

Erv.

Whenever I've had that I've just deleted the temp files the plugin downloads before extraction / copying; that always seemed to sort it for me!

Hi everyone,

I've used alxscott's amended plg file and got to LMS 7.9, but I'm still getting the lms.pid not working issue.

Anyone has any other ideas? I tried everything I've read.

Thanks!

Erv.

Same issue for e, it just wont update the 7.9 nightlies.

Anyone know where there may be something in a log thats shows what is failing?

The issue is not just restricted to updates for me.

If I manually move the current working lms directory, the plugins fails to install a new updated version into a clean directory.

The script seems to go through the tasks with no errors, but the new lms directory is not created and of course lms is not installed.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Can someone help me please?

I try to install the plugin LMS on my unraid 5.0.5 but I have always a big crash on my unraid (no webinterface) after the plugin will exstract from /tmp.

when I will so my self to copy from tmp to disk1 i have a message "Killed".

Please can i have a help please?

thanks very much.

Rodolphe

hello again,

I install the old plugin logitechmediaserver-7.7.2-plugin_v1.3 and it work.

I take the logitechmediaserver-7.8.0NightlyBuild-plugin change the path for the 7.8.0 on the plugin, and it works too.

I now i don't have the upgrade possibility but it works for the moment.

when i try to install the LMS I had some errore messages "Killed" when i make a ls :(

Rodolphe