Tailscale state security risk

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I got this warning/message as well as an email while backing up my plugins:

Event: Tailscale State
Subject: Tailscale state backed up to Unraid connect.
Description: The Tailscale state file has been backed up to Unraid connect. This is a potential security risk. From the Management Settings page, deactivate flash backup and delete cloud backups, then reactivate flash backup.
Importance: alert

I haven't done anything different with Tailscale for at least a few months. Should I take the actions recommended? I can see where to deactivate flash backup, but have no idea how to delete cloud backups.

Also, not sure how whether this helps. If I delete cloud backups then I've lost the backups. Sounds like I should backup manually first. But if I simply deactivate, delete backups and then reactivate, how does this prevent the problem happening again?

As you know, Connect Flash Backups are not yet encrypted. We worked with the Tailscale plugin author to modify the Tailscale plugin in a way that ensures its sensitive files will not be included in Connect Flash Backups going forward. In order to remove the sensitive files from existing flash backups, you need to delete and recreate your backup. The sensitive files will automatically be excluded from the new backup. This is what the Tailscale plugin is alerting you to.