[Support] binhex - bitmagnet

Thank you binhex for making this docker.

I did spend some time on reading up on the project, and - its a sole developer, so new features will likely be slow, and he did request developer help. There is also a donate function for the project if people want to drop the developer a few bucks. So far there has been donated like 60USD, so not many has contributed to the project, and its a pitty really.

This will likely not be your entry point to torrents, but finding long lost and obscure things - this project is perfect for that.

IMO this tool is quite powerfull. Having all this metadata by your fingertips, well - I see this a little like your own private NZB indexer, but for public torrents instead :D

• Like 1

Ooh.

And to the people that don't know how to download the links, and make it work. 

Please spend a few days on setting up the *RR's programs, witch - binhex also has been so kind to deliver in an easy to use manner :D

Its a fantastic pleasure to just browse in plex, make stuff to your wishlist, and then stuff will appear on the plex server in the desired resolution, subtitles etc.

https://bitmagnet.io/guides/servarr-integration.html

Having Prowlarr setup correctly will ease your day immensely. There are several guides on youtube to setup this correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/@AlienTech42 I like this fella on YT, because his vids are no fuss and untra short, and very down to the point. They dont dive deep into the deeper inner workings of diffrent things, but by following his vids will setup a basic instance, witch you can play around with at a  later stage.

• Like 1

Just to add some more data relating to DB size for those interested, this is from two days of running (with some tinkering in the middle there) and the database size doesn't show signs of slowing yet. Currently at 7.46GB in size with 1,100,744 torrents found. Will keep tabs on it and report back if I find a ceiling or it starts to plateau.

DB_Size.JPG

Edited by KMoney00
  • Like 1
On 9/14/2024 at 11:57 PM, Bookingyo said:

is there a way to omit categories to be crawled?

On 9/15/2024 at 12:14 AM, Araso said:

There's this. You'd need a config file for it though. Where that should be located is asked in the post right above yours.

There's some info here.

i have now included an example configuration file, please pull down the latest image. The config file will be located at '/config/bitmagnet/config.yml.example', please open the file with a decent editor such as notepad++ or vscode (not notepad), i have heavily commented the file for the given examples, any questions let me know.

Edit - New FAQ created, these surprised me so I thought I would save everyone else the head scratching:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/bitmagnet.md

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/15/2024 at 12:38 PM, binhex said:

you can run it in host mode if you like, it should still work, custom network you are on your own, but again it should work.

I use my arr custom docker network and it works fine. prowler setup ok and seems its working.

I'm trying to find a way to use my binhex-delugevpn with PIA VPN to use also for bitmagnet.

thanks for this great app

On 9/16/2024 at 4:34 AM, knights_of_pine said:

2. in bitmagnet webui how can i set up where i can click the magnetlink and have it sent directly to my deluge container?  bitmagnet is going through the vpn in deluge.

I use a Firefox plugin for this, it's called deluge add torrent, it works a treat when it's setup,

Have a look around as they may publish it for other browsers if firefox isn't your thing

On 9/15/2024 at 4:18 PM, kimmer said:

Ooh.

And to the people that don't know how to download the links, and make it work. 

Please spend a few days on setting up the *RR's programs, witch - binhex also has been so kind to deliver in an easy to use manner :D

Its a fantastic pleasure to just browse in plex, make stuff to your wishlist, and then stuff will appear on the plex server in the desired resolution, subtitles etc.

https://bitmagnet.io/guides/servarr-integration.html

Having Prowlarr setup correctly will ease your day immensely. There are several guides on youtube to setup this correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/@AlienTech42 I like this fella on YT, because his vids are no fuss and untra short, and very down to the point. They dont dive deep into the deeper inner workings of diffrent things, but by following his vids will setup a basic instance, witch you can play around with at a  later stage.

have you had any problems where *arr apps would snatch stuff from bitmagnet torznab API without respecting custom format scores? I did and it seems like more people had too. Perhaps we're doing something wrong