Build check

Helmonder

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were do you find the IPMI version? My BIOS looks to be 1.0.

Also, if i look at the IPMI tab, it looks like its configured for lan1.

And there is no option to change that.

*edit* found IPMI version in the web interface's upgrade process ;) was 01.01, now upgrading to 01.64...

bios1kopie.jpg.9a47ad5a1004f213eda1dbf9dd5e73e4.jpg

bios2kopie.jpg.553f7f3c11a203dd7705338447e6ab9d.jpg

I have never had an issue using the dedicated ipmi port.

One of my boards is even a beta board with the beta firmware still never a single issue. /shrug

Be careful updating to a 2.x firmware if you don't need to for chip support. the 2.0 and 2.0a firmware have issues with esxi if you plan to go that route. I know you guys are not, but others reading this thread might be considering that route.

I've changed the IPMI from lan1 to 'dedicated' and it works :) Also, i've updated the BIOS from 1.0 to 2.0a, and updated the IPMI firmware from 01.01 to 01.63. Everything looks ok (so nothing has actually changed) ;)

Strange you got such an old board, or at least with such old firmware. Might have been old stock or a refurbished board. I got "my" boards in april and may this year and both had BIOS 1.11a and IPMI firmware 1.27.

I have never had an issue using the dedicated ipmi port.

One of my boards is even a beta board with the beta firmware still never a single issue. /shrug

Be careful updating to a 2.x firmware if you don't need to for chip support. the 2.0 and 2.0a firmware have issues with esxi if you plan to go that route. I know you guys are not, but others reading this thread might be considering that route.

What kind of issues do you mean?

The 2.0a bios does not recognize AVer Media Duet TV tuner cards at all in ESXi 5.0.  They do not show up for passthrough.  When I had 1.0 bios it showed up and worked well in passthrough to a Windows VM.  Hauppauge HVR-2250 TV tuners still work like before.  I would never have upgraded mine but I was having some problems with my unRAID VM that I thought would be cured by an upgraded bios.  So far that is true but at the expense of dropping the AVer Media Duet tuner card.  I like the AVer Media Duet card because it works better with multi path ATSC signals (which I have in spades) than the HVR-2250 does.

PS.  Never had a problem with my dedicated IPMI port either.

I've read the opposite; for good support of modern cpu's that can fully utilize esxi, you should have 2.0...

That is with the ivy bridge chips. Those require 2.x. For a sandy bridge chip. I would avoid  the upgrade.

There are a few reported oddities with vt-d reported. Supermicro has a long history of not having the best bios firmware updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk