NZBGet Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

Neil, thanks for the update.  Good to know it's working ok. 

I've added nzbget svn to my RSS feeds and will try to keep an eye out for updates.  If you see anything in upcoming changes that you think would be worth a new build, please feel free to give me a nudge.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've added nzbget svn to my RSS feeds and will try to keep an eye out for updates.  If you see anything in upcoming changes that you think would be worth a new build, please feel free to give me a nudge.

Cool beans. I'm not sure you'd want to build everything from the svn as hugbug does a lot of work on this quite regularly, but I am talking to him about adding a couple of features that will (maybe, hopefully) bring nzbget close to SABnzbd in terms of features, and if they get implemented in the svn version, I'll hit you up.

Cheers,

Neil.

Cool beans. I'm not sure you'd want to build everything from the svn as hugbug does a lot of work on this quite regularly, but I am talking to him about adding a couple of features that will (maybe, hopefully) bring nzbget close to SABnzbd in terms of features, and if they get implemented in the svn version, I'll hit you up.

Cheers,

Neil.

What features are you talking to him about adding to bring it closer to SAB? I'm interested in NZBGet but don't want to switch until feature parity is closer to SAB.

What features are you talking to him about adding to bring it closer to SAB? I'm interested in NZBGet but don't want to switch until feature parity is closer to SAB.

You don't have to switch, you can have both installed and switch between them or even run both at the same time.

The features missing I use the most:

1) Categories that let you unpack to a different drive and define post-processing and priority.

nzbget has categories in 10.0 but unpacking is done to the same drive as download. I have asked the developer if this can be implemented -- it'd speed up unpacking on an unRAID system by up to 3x.

2) Sorting the download list.

3) Being able to pause the download for a specific time -- e.g. 5 minutes, 30 minutes etc. I have a workaround for this using scheduling, but it's not the same.

I have only asked 1) to be implemented, as it's the most useful feature and one that gets asked about here quite a bit.

Please note: this version was compiled from svn and the latest commit was less than 24hrs ago.  As with any bleeding edge version, there could be issues the developer of nzbget has introduced.  I don't use nzbget as my usenet download application so I'll leave it to others to give this verson a try.  Suggest you remain on latest stable via v0.3 of plugin if unsure or revert back to this in the event of issues with latest nightly.

Regards,

overbyrn

I got a segfault (and crash) today:

Jan 17 13:23:47 MICRO kernel: nzbget[15263]: segfault at 4 ip 0804e304 sp a8cff31c error 4 in nzbget[8048000+67000] (Errors)

• 3 weeks later...

New version of nzbget compiled: nzbget 10.0-testing-r554 (from svn).

Thanks, overbyrn.

Changelog:

Changes since nzbget 9.1
categories can now have their own destination directories;
added support for HTTPS to the built-in web-server (web-interface and XML/JSON-RPC):
new options <SecureControl>, <SecurePort>, <SecureCert> and <SecureKey>;
module <TLS.c/h> completely rewritten with support for servers-side sockets, newer versions of GnuTLS, proper thread lockings in OpenSSL;
improved the automatic par-scan (option <ParScan=auto>) to significantly reduce the verify-time in some common cases with renamed rar-files:
the extra files are scanned in an optimized order;
the scan stops when all missings files are found;
new feature <Pause for X Minutes> in web-interface; new XML-/JSON-RPC method <scheduleresume>;
fixed: the reported line numbers for configuration errors were sometimes inaccurate;
fixed warning <file glyphicons-halflings.png not found>;
fixed: some XML-/JSON-RPC methods may return negative values for file sizes between 2-4GB; this had also influence on web-interface.

New version of nzbget compiled: nzbget 10.0-testing-r559 (from svn).  v0.6 of plugin attached to first post.

r559 brings the following changes/enhancements;

The unpack is now handled by the program itself (instead of post-processing script).

More details:

rar and 7-zip formats are supported (via external Unrar and 7-Zip executables);

new options <Unpack>, <UnpackPauseQueue>, <UnpackCleanupDisk>, <UnrarCmd>, <SevenZipCmd>;

web-interface now shows progress and estimated time during unpack (rar only; for 7-Zip progress is not available due to limitations of 7-Zip)

when built-in unpack is enabled, the post-processing script is called after unpack and possibly par-check/repair (if needed);

for nzb-files containing multiple collections (par-sets) the post-processing script is called only once, after the last par-set;

new parameter <NZBPP_UNPACKSTATUS> passed to post-processing script;

if the option <AllowReProcess> is enabled the post-processing-script is called after each par-set (as in previous versions);

example post-processing script updated: removed unrar-code, added check for unpack status;

new field <UnpackStatus> in result of RPC-method <history>;

history-dialog in web-interface shows three status: par-status, unpack-status, script-status;

with two built-in special post-processing parameters <*Unpack:> and <*Unpack:Password> the unpack can be disabled for individual nzb-file or the password can be set;

built-in special post-processing parameters can be set via web-interface on page <PP-Parameters> (when built-in unpack is enabled).

Note: if you were using the post-processing script supplied with NZBGet you have to update it as well. If you use your own script you have to remove the unrar-code from it, especially all code parts returning POSTPROCESS_PARCHECK_ALL exit code.

Regards,

overbyrn

Most important question:

Is it stable and won't it crash my server.

Yes. Even with 8GB of RAM, SABnzbd and SickBeard, because they are written in python, suck up tons of RAM (lowmem?) so can sometimes cause problems.

nzbget uses very little in the way of resources. I've seen one segfault in about 5 years, and that may have been a low mem condition caused by another app stomping all over the RAM.

Is it as easy as configurable as SABNZBD in regards to assigning directories and folders and categories.

Yes and no. The latest versions have just had this added, but are in the "testing" version of the app -- I run testing versions and consider them stable, but they are not official releases.

So far, nzbget unpacks to the same drive it downloads to and then moves the files to the destinations specified in the categories, it doesn't unpack directly to the destination. It's the only major downside to the app vs. SAB IMO.

If you download small NZB collections (say 1 to 5 GB), you won't really notice this, but if you are leeching 45GB NZBs, like me, you'll notice it more.

Most important question:

Is it stable and won't it crash my server.

Yes. Even with 8GB of RAM, SABnzbd and SickBeard, because they are written in python, suck up tons of RAM (lowmem?) so can sometimes cause problems.

nzbget uses very little in the way of resources. I've seen one segfault in about 5 years, and that may have been a low mem condition caused by another app stomping all over the RAM.

Is it as easy as configurable as SABNZBD in regards to assigning directories and folders and categories.

Yes and no. The latest versions have just had this added, but are in the "testing" version of the app -- I run testing versions and consider them stable, but they are not official releases.

So far, nzbget unpacks to the same drive it downloads to and then moves the files to the destinations specified in the categories, it doesn't unpack directly to the destination. It's the only major downside to the app vs. SAB IMO.

If you download small NZB collections (say 1 to 5 GB), you won't really notice this, but if you are leeching 45GB NZBs, like me, you'll notice it more.

I mostly download mkvs varying in size from 5-15 GB and bluray rips ranging from 20-45 GB.

The way I have setup SABNZB is that it downloads on a separate "scratch"disk,  files get verified and unpacked on that disk too. Categories are set so that mkvs and blurays go to their respective folders on the aray. MKVs stay on the cache disk and get moved to the array overnight but blurays go directly to /mnt/user0/videos/Blu-Ray, bypassing the cache disk.

Would this setup be possible in nzbget?

Should work. As I said, initial unraring happens on the same disk you download to, then get moved.

Try it out.

Tried setting the maindir to /mnt/disk/scratch/nzbget, i saved the settings and saw the directories were created on the scratch disk, this disk is mounted outside the array. Then i entered the details of my usenet server and reloaded, everything still seemed ok. Then I dropped a 1.5 GB nzb in the nzb folder. Saw no download being started. I now have a Communication Error cannot establish a connection error. NZBGet seems to have stopped completely. The unraid syslog shows this:

Feb 13 11:47:13 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[23698]: segfault at 1c4f ip b730fee1 sp b5ffdf7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7296000+15c000]

==> /mnt/cache/.nzbget <==

Guess I am doing something wrong. The nzbget install dir is mnt/cache/.nzbget

only settings i changed are Maindir is now /mnt/disk/scratch/nzbget and i set my usenet server provider. Strange it gives a segfault in a library.

Doesn't it like being installed to the cache disk.

I tried leaving the Maindir at the default after reinstalling, with the same result

Keep getting the same error over and over again, also when I change the install location:

Feb 13 11:47:13 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[23698]: segfault at 1c4f ip b730fee1 sp b5ffdf7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7296000+15c000]

Feb 13 12:04:51 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/.nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:09:44 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25012]: segfault at 1c4f ip b72c5ee1 sp b58e8f7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b724c000+15c000]

Feb 13 12:15:03 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/.nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:16:05 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25660]: segfault at 1c4f ip b7271ee1 sp b5894f7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b71f8000+15c000]

Feb 13 12:18:48 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/disk/scratch/nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:19:48 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25979]: segfault at 1c4f ip b733cee1 sp b595ff7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b72c3000+15c000]

Keep getting the same error over and over again, also when I change the install location:

Feb 13 12:04:51 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/.nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:09:44 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25012]: segfault at 1c4f ip b72c5ee1 sp b58e8f7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b724c000+15c000]

Feb 13 12:15:03 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/.nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:16:05 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25660]: segfault at 1c4f ip b7271ee1 sp b5894f7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b71f8000+15c000]

Feb 13 12:18:48 Tower1 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/disk/scratch/nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 12:19:48 Tower1 kernel: nzbget[25979]: segfault at 1c4f ip b733cee1 sp b595ff7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b72c3000+15c000]

Hmm.  Could be something to do with the version of glibc used to compile.  Not sure at this point.

What version of unRAID v5 are you running? 

Hmm.  Could be something to do with the version of glibc used to compile.  Not sure at this point.

What version of unRAID v5 are you running?

I use 5.0RC10. It is not that I am doing something horribly wrong. Or that SAB,CP,SB or anothe plugin has something to do with it?

Tried it on an entirely different server running 5.0RC8a with the same result:

Feb 13 14:16:12 Cerberus sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/local/nzbget/nzbget -D -c /mnt/cache/nzbget/nzbget.conf

Feb 13 14:23:15 Cerberus kernel: nzbget[17379]: segfault at 1c4f ip b727bee1 sp b589ef7c error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7202000+15c000]

• 2 weeks later...

@ dikkiedirk , neilt0

I've compiled a later version of nzbget (10.0-testing-r567).  I'd really appreciate it if you could give this one a try and let me know if it works for you guys.  dikkiedirk, especially you as I'll be interested to know if you still see segfault issues.

For this version, I've reverted back to an older build environment.  I've been building on an unraid rc11 platform but when I started I was on b12a as that's also what my production unraid is (still).  The thinking here is that perhaps as the kernel has changed a few times inbetween, maybe that subtly alters some library dependencies.  I must admit to being a bit vague on the whole libs thing and how stuff relates across kernels.  If someone can explain it like I'm five, that'd be a huge help  ;)

Grab the newest version here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/572553/UnRAID/nzbget/nzbget-0.7-i468-rj.plg

I'll not update the first post until I know this is working.  I've gone as far this end as install it myself, load an nzb and watch it download and unpack.  Did nothing in the way of config other than provide a valid usenet account for my test download.  Tested on 5.0-b12a and 5.0rc11.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

overbyrn

The included openssl package seems to conflict with the newer package from simplefeatures (webserver?). With installed plugin I can't reach the sf unraid main menu. With uninstalled

plugin everything works fine.

I was able to make it work with installed nzbget by deleting the lines for downloading and installing the older openssl within the plugin. :)

Thank you for the great plugin. :) I really love it.

SlrG

FYI - the plugin seems to work fine for me in general, but never shows up in the unraid web interface as "installed." I just get "Status: Not Installed." Clicking "install" appears to work, but the status never changes. Can login to the webgui manually by entering the appropriate URL and port.

I'm a little unclear on what purpose the install button serves anyway since the plugin is really installed at boot or manually via command line.

EDIT - well, now I'm also getting these errors in the nzbget log:

ERROR	Sun Feb 24 2013 23:16:12	nzbget.conf(36): Invalid value for option "NzbDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/download/nzbget/nzb/"
ERROR	Sun Feb 24 2013 23:16:12	nzbget.conf(39): Invalid value for option "QueueDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/download/nzbget/queue/"
ERROR	Sun Feb 24 2013 23:16:12	nzbget.conf(47): Invalid value for option "TempDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/download/nzbget/tmp/"
ERROR	Sun Feb 24 2013 23:16:12	nzbget.conf(29): Invalid value for option "DestDir": could not create directory "/mnt/user/download/nzbget/dst/"

I ran newperms to try to reset permissions in case it was related to that but didn't seem to help.

I am able to add a .nzb to the queue using the +Add button and everything downloads okay.  If I place the same nzb in the NzbDir to auto-scan, the app crashes and I have to restart it from the plugin screen.  The same crash happens if there are no nzb files in the NzbDir and I hit the Scan button in the +Add dialog box.  I have the directory set to 777.  There are no ERROR messages in nzbget.log.  Any ideas?  I do like the dramatic speed increase I get over SAB and would like to fully migrate.

FYI - the plugin seems to work fine for me in general, but never shows up in the unraid web interface as "installed." I just get "Status: Not Installed." Clicking "install" appears to work, but the status never changes. Can login to the webgui manually by entering the appropriate URL and port.

The plugin webgui determines it's status thus;

1) INSTALLED if it can detect the installation directory (default /mnt/disk1/nzbget).  This is the location you enter in the webgui.  If there's a problem here then it's going to have a problem also.

2) RUNNING if there is a valid process id (PID) file.

I'm guessing if it never shows as installed then indeed you have a problem with either the syntax of the install dir or the permissions / ownership of that location.  As it's likely the test is failing and returning to the plugin that it is not "installed".

I'm a little unclear on what purpose the install button serves anyway since the plugin is really installed at boot or manually via command line.

Whilst 90% of the application is "installed" at boot time, there remains installation dependent config.  Hence the "install" button. 

It does the following;

#copy template nzbget.conf file to installation directory
#copy template post-processing script to installation directory
#update nzbget.conf with installation specific values.  eg MainDir, post-processing script location, default password
#set default umask
#fix: remove extra slash in webui path due to way binary is built/packaged.
#update ownership and permissions on installation directory & files

Perhaps install is not the best wording, but it was done to maintain a look and feel with other plugins using the same methodology.  eg. sab, sick, couch.

I ran newperms to try to reset permissions in case it was related to that but didn't seem to help.

Still guessing you have permission problems.

Drop to command line and issue these commands;

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/user/download/nzbget
chmod -R 770 /mnt/user/download/nzbget

I am able to add a .nzb to the queue using the +Add button and everything downloads okay.  If I place the same nzb in the NzbDir to auto-scan, the app crashes and I have to restart it from the plugin screen.  The same crash happens if there are no nzb files in the NzbDir and I hit the Scan button in the +Add dialog box.  I have the directory set to 777.  There are no ERROR messages in nzbget.log.  Any ideas?  I do like the dramatic speed increase I get over SAB and would like to fully migrate.

Mike, if you haven't already, please grab the copy of the plugin from post #43.  What version of v5 Unraid are you running?  I ask as dikkiedirk saw issues in the syslog which is what prompted a fresh build.  He saw segfaults which - whilst I'm not totally sure - may have been due to kernel / package versions I had installed at the time of compiling.  Check your syslog for same.