NZBGet Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I let NZBGet finish some downloads overnight, but this morning the WEBGUI was not accessible. Did it have something to do with the fact that a new plugin was available? I saw this in the unraid page, which still showed NZBGet as running on port 50000. I updated the plugin to 1.2 and NZBGet was accessible again. It went on finishing the downloads. Hope all is well now.

I let NZBGet finish some downloads overnight, but this morning the WEBGUI was not accessible. Did it have something to do with the fact that a new plugin was available? I saw this in the unraid page, which still showed NZBGet as running on port 50000. I updated the plugin to 1.2 and NZBGet was accessible again. It went on finishing the downloads. Hope all is well now.

It will not have anything to do with a new version of the plugin being available.  Once NZBGet is running, the plugin does not do anything to affect it.  The plugin update will stops NZBGet before doing an update and restarts NZBGet once complete.  This process is probably what made NZBget accessible again.  Unfortunately it does not answer why it became unavailable sometime overnight.

@nzbget: hugbug, are you still reading here?

I'm a nzbget user since lots of years (I'm that guy who did post the Windows PostProcessing scripts). I can't login to your forum. In the past years I tried several times to get past Sourceforges Login. I tried with Opera, Chrome and IE. Whatever I do I receive the following:

310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

Perhaps I can ask here in the meantime: How do I set the password for UNRAR from the commandline when using the new releases. I'm still bound to the commandline, because I never could get the WebUI to work for me.

Regards

Harald

Perhaps I can ask here in the meantime: How do I set the password for UNRAR from the commandline when using the new releases. I'm still bound to the commandline, because I never could get the WebUI to work for me.

nzbget -E G O "*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword" <ID>

Write me at [email protected] and we try to fix the forum and webui issue.

Thanks for the information.

"*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword"

Would be cool if we could add the password to the NZB file. E.g.:

The NZB File 2013 (*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword).nzb

Regards

Harald

An asterisk and/or colon in a filename is a bad idea/impossible.

Would be cool if we could add the password to the NZB file. E.g.:

The NZB File 2013 (*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword).nzb

You can do this using options NzbProcess or NzbAddedProcess.

1) With NzbProcess-script:

analyze file name (env.var NZBNP_FILENAME), then print the following command to set post-processing parameter:

echo "[NZB] NZBPR_*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword";

Disadvantage of this method - the nzb-name remains unchanged and still includes the password.

2) With NzbAddedProcess-script:

analyze nzb-name (NZBNA_NZBNAME or NZBNA_FILENAME), then use remote commands to set the post-processing parameter and to rename download:

"$NZBOP_APPBIN" -c "$NZBOP_CONFIGFILE" -E G O "*Unpack:Password=mycoolpassword" $NZBNA_LASTID;
"$NZBOP_APPBIN" -c "$NZBOP_CONFIGFILE" -E G N "<new name without password>" $NZBNA_LASTID;

See description of options NzbProcess and NzbAddedProcess for more details.

As noted by neilt0 filenames usually can't have "*" and ":" but it's up to you how you encode the password in the filename.

@nzbget: Ah, thanks. Didn't know that. Enhanced my Windows-Batch PreProcessing script to do that. Both (PreProcessing and PostProcessing) are working perfect with nzbget on Windows.

I'm still bound to Windows because keeping one of my two unRAID servers running just for overnight-nzbget would cost me 250W/h. Here in Germany this blows any yearly budget. A single 60W Windows machine is more appropriate.

Thanks.

I'm running the latest stable release now - 10.1.

I could drop my own PostProcessing script completely with that release. My PreProcessing script does now password injection and corrects some German Umlauts within NZB files. You did some changes here some years ago but sometimes I still see some alien characters. What I do is:

1.) Password injection:

"nzb file (password=abc).nzb" will be interpreted and set automatically.

2.) Umlaut correction:

ä --> ae
ö --> oe
ü --> ue
ß --> ss
Ä --> Ae
Ö --> Oe
Ü --> Ue

Sad that the WebUI works on Linux only. Found a word on it recently.

Regards

Harald

Sad that the WebUI works on Linux only. Found a word on it recently.

It works perfect on Windows. Have you even tried it? :)

There is only one singe configuration option to set - WebDir and you should have the UI working. No extra installation steps required. Don't confuse it with the old nzbgetweb, which required a separate web-server and php module.

For more info see Web-Interface.

• 4 weeks later...

Pushed out version 1.4 of the plugin.  Added an extra option - BRANCH - to the webGui allowing the choice between stable or testing branches of nzbget. 

The latest stable nzbget is 10.2. 

The latest testing version is 11.0-testing-r647. 

As hugbug releases new testing versions, I will provide a build for unraid. 

Please make sure you check the NZBget website for details of changes before updating.  Also, it's probably not wise to revert from testing back to stable without doing a complete reinstall of nzbget as it's quite possible changes in the base nzbget config will cause issues when regressing versions.

Owing to the changes in the plugin structure to account for two nzbget builds, you may experience issues during upgrade.  I sincerely hope not and have tried to account for all likely scenarios, but in the event something doesn't go right using the plugin update routine, please try installing the plugin fresh from a reboot.  If you still have issues after this, please post here.

Regards,

overbyrn

This new version wiped out my .conf again!  :-\

Fortunately, I had no backup!  :o  :'(

Sorry to hear that.  When you say wiped out, do you mean the conf file was deleted or that your settings changed?

Did you update only the plugin or the build of nzbget too?  What branch did you choose?  What version of nzbget were you using previously?

The plugin will never delete the nzbget.conf file.  It checks for the presence of an existing nzbget.conf in the installation directory and if found will use that during the execution of the nzbget daemon. 

If it does NOT find one, it presumes you do not yet have nzbget installed (based on the installation location provided by the plugin webgui settings page), in which case it uses a template version which comes bundled with nzbget at /usr/local/nzbget.  It copies this to the installation location and makes a number of modifications (port, default password, umask etc) before starting nzbget daemon.

This new version wiped out my .conf again!  :-\

Fortunately, I had no backup!  :o  :'(

Sorry to hear that.  When you say wiped out, do you mean the conf file was deleted or that your settings changed?

Did you update only the plugin or the build of nzbget too?  What branch did you choose?  What version of nzbget were you using previously?

The plugin will never delete the nzbget.conf file.  It checks for the presence of an existing nzbget.conf in the installation directory and if found will use that during the execution of the nzbget daemon. 

If it does NOT find one, it presumes you do not yet have nzbget installed (based on the installation location provided by the plugin webgui settings page), in which case it uses a template version which comes bundled with nzbget at /usr/local/nzbget.  It copies this to the installation location and makes a number of modifications (port, default password, umask etc) before starting nzbget daemon.

I updated the plugin, which then updated nzbget. I then switched to the testing branch.

It definitely overwrote my .conf. I know because that's where I kept it!  ???

• 1 month later...

Update: I have compiled the latest testing branch of r705.  If you are running the "Testing" branch option from the plugin, you should be offered an update to the newer version.

Changes : http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=813

Assuming you are already running version 1.6 of the plugin, there should be no likelihood of any configuration being overwritten.  As an extra precaution, version 1.6 of the plugin creates a backup copy of the primary nzbget config file "nzbget.conf".  A backup copy is stored at /boot/config/plugins/nzbget/nzbget.conf.save.  (Neilt0, I'm looking at you)  ;)

Regards,

overbyrn

Neil, it's probably because around the time of v1.4 to v1.5 of the plugin I switched my github URL, so it's likely referencing the old location during version checking.

You're best off manually grabbing latest version from my github (see sig).  Shouldn't need to reboot.  Just installplg /path/to/plugin from command line.

UPDATE: make a manual backup of your config file!!  (just in case).  eg.  backup nzbget.conf from where-ever you have NZBGet installed.

Regards,

overbyrn

• 2 weeks later...