NZBGet Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

Dabront,

I want to try and replicate this.  So that I have as much data as possible to mirror your setup, can you please send me listings of /boot/config/plugins, /boot/plugins and /boot/extra directories.  Also, a listing of your go file please.  Oh and maybe attach your syslog for good measure.  Please make sure it contains everything from bootup. ie. not a log that's rolled over.  That should do it  ;)

Thanks.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I took a stab at installing nzbget plug in after reading about saving resources. I ran into the segfault problem in libc as others have written about. I decided to bail out and experienced problems getting my server to power down through webGUI. UnMENU's powerdown script worked. I don't want to jump back into this without more research.

No idea root cause of segfault and currently zero time to look into it.  Will get to it when non unRAID life calms down.

Thanks buddy, sorry i couldn't assist more.

Ok, I found a bit of time this morning.  I'm sorry to say I can't reproduce the segfault issue.  I documented my testing including a video capture of me adding a single nzb and the resultant download and successful extract.  To those getting the segfault, please can you review the PDF at the following link.  Perhaps you can help me determine what it is that I'm doing different that's not provoking the segfault to appear. 

Test was done on a VM using unRAID 5.0 final.  Totally fresh system and I mean fresh.  Nothing in go file other than loading emhttp, nothing in boot(flash)/extra, nothing in boot(flash)/packages, nothing in either boot(flash)/plugins or boot(flash)/config/plugins.  Stock gui, no SimpleFeatures or newer WebGui.

Link to PDF here.

Regards,

overbyrn

Thanks for the PDF guide!!

I think the only area where I would differ from your method is where I would like to install the "NZBGet Location." In your example which is the default we use /mnt/disk1/nzbget. In my installation I used /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget.

I'll check into it a little further over the coming week.

Thanks for the PDF guide!!

I think the only area where I would differ from your method is where I would like to install the "NZBGet Location." In your example which is the default we use /mnt/disk1/nzbget. In my installation I used /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget.

I'll check into it a little further over the coming week.

Umm, it's not really a guide.  It's the steps I took to install nzbget onto a fresh system.  I am hoping someone who is getting the segfault can use this to compare against their own steps to help locate the source of the problem.

However, since writing the document earlier this morning, I have since been able to reproduce the segfault here.  It seems that the issue happens (for me), when I install Sickbeard, or more specifically when the package "zlib-1.2.5-i486-4.txz" is installed as part of this plugin.

This is where I take a huge sigh of frustration and go off on a rant...  yet again the mismatch of packages in use across packages is the problem.  Unless someone can tell me different, I don't see why any packages from Slackware 13.37 should be used.  The point being that unRAID 5 is built on Slackware 13.1.  As such my nzbget build system is also a Slackware 13.1 system.  This means I know for sure all the packages and libraries are the same as distributed in unRAID 5.  The issue comes when someone writes a plugin and uses a higher version package than is in 13.1.

In my opinion, unless an application (Sickbeard, Sab, Couch etc), specifically requires a later version of a package than is available in 13.1, then 13.1 should be used.

I am currently testing a new build of nzbget where I have upgraded my build environment to match the later version of zlib (and libxml which needs it).  But this is the WRONG way round.  The other plugins should change to match the Slackware distro in use for unRAID!

Rant over.

Don't know if it is of any help or not, but I have the latest testing build of nzbget running quite happily with the sickbeard plugin - with the zlib package installed.

Never seen a segfault or anything since starting to use your nzbget builds.

Edit: Also - I run nzbget (and other apps) from cache drive installations.

Should mention, in case it's important that I'm still on unraid v5rc16c - haven't yet done the upgrade to v5 final.

I won't have time to do a fresh install for a day or so, but I've taken a short cut and it is now working. I removed the offending package as well as SAB, Sickbeard & Couchpotato, rebooted and no segfault error with nzbget happily adding an NZB and downloading.

My set up was installed on a cache drive, as some don't have the problem does the issue with that package only occur when the cache drive is used?

Again, I appreciate the help! Now that I think about it I also wanted to use an intermediary download location on the cache drive and then drop the completed/processed file onto a subfolder of the array. But, as you say, zlib seems to be the problem.

Your point about the zlib packages being different is well taken. Does this mean the two plugins are incompatible? When I installed NZBGet I never did reboot; maybe that caused the trouble?

Where's the best place to look for the NZBGet--To--SICK script? I'd like to keep my SICK settings and any database if possible.

I'd like to find a way to smoothly transition from SAB-SICK to NZBGet-SICK.

• 4 weeks later...

So with the segfault isue that is cropping up, Should we be removing the zlib version from our install and going back to the 13.1 version which is 1.2.3 ?

That is what I did. It is manual and I have to do it every reboot.  (Which isn't that often.) But the offending SickBeard/CouchPotato seem to work just fine with zlib-1.2.3.

• 4 weeks later...

guys I can't login with username and pass...

I've tried

user

pass

and editing the password to be blank in the .cfg file

If you hover your mouse over the hyperlink in the plugin webgui settings page where it shows the "Running" status, it tells you via a text hint that the default login username is "nzbget" and password is "password"

Thanks for that, I missed that info.

I've got it working now but it is very unstable, every time I try to add an NZB it crashes the program and I have to restart the service

If you are using Influencer's plugins he upgrades the zlib which breaks nzbget. To fix this login to your unRAID server and run the following commands:

removepkg zlib-1.2.5-i486-4

installpkg zlib-1.2.3-i486-2.txz

Sickbeard, etc. will still work and now nzbget won't crash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NZBget v12 stable is out. I presume your plugin should work well with it right? Can't wait for nzbdrone on unRAID(which is gonna be pretty soon! ), it will then be time to replace sab with NZBget!!

Appreciate your work, overbryn.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk