An Improved unRAID web-interface, extensible, and easy to install

Attached to this post is a new unMENU plug-in that overrides the built-in "Disk-Management" page with a slightly improved version.

The improvements in this version are:

• If the immediately prior file-system-check reports that a reiserfsck --fix-fixable or --rebuild-tree repair is required, an additional button will be presented so you can perform the repair.  This new "F-S Repair" button is not visible otherwise.

• The 4.5-beta3 version of unRAID changed the location of the file used for SAMBA configuration of shares on the LAN.  The old built-in "Disk-Mgmt" page will not be able to share and un-share disks outside of the array once you upgrade to 4.5b3 and beyond, as unRAID no longer uses the old file it was configuring for the additional shares.  This new "Disk-Management" plug-in will work with both old and new versions of unRAID. (It figures out if the new SAMBA file is present and uses it instead of the old file)

As an added bonus, this new unMENU "Disk-Management" plug-in is also usable in the unMENU extension of unRAID-Web.

To install, unzip in the same folder as all the other unMENU plug-in files.   You will need to stop and re-start unMENU for it to add the new plug-in to the top menu.  It will use the old built-in version until you restart it.

Edit: since I created this post I've discovered the --rebuild-tree option to reiserfsck MUST be run on the command line and cannot be run from within the unMENU plug-in.   This plug-in will present a button, but the button will have no effect.   If you see the button, you need to run the rebuild-tree, but you must log in via telnet to do so.   

I'll fix this in the next release of this plug-in to simply print the commands you must run.  That way, you can copy and past the commands to your telnet session.

Joe L.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ntfs-3g driver has been updated several times recently.  The old unMENU package manager file to install it no longer refers to a valid download path on the slackware packages web-site.  As a result, any attempt to download it will result in a checksum error if you are using the older package .conf file.

Attached is an updated unmenu package manager file for the ntfs-3g 2009.3.8 version.

Download this to your unmenu folder, or to your /boot/packages folder and then run the unMENU package manager page to download and install the newer version.

Note... this 2009.3.8 version is the latest version available as a package, but the source is already available for a slightly newer version as of April 2nd.  (Translation, the download link and MD5 checksum will probably change again in a month or so, and an updated package.conf file needed once more)

Joe L.

Attached to this post is a new unMENU plug-in that overrides the built-in "Disk-Management" page with a slightly improved version.

(...)

I have a little problem :

I try to mount and share a fat32 drive outside the array.

I can mount it in read only, not read/write.

But i want to mount it read/write.

I can do it manualy by telnet with this command

mount -w -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/disk/hda1 2>&1

but not with the disk mng, even if i change the unmenu.cong file :

# Define per-filesystem mount options.

MOUNT_OPTIONS vfat    = -w -t vfat

It will always mount it with this command :

mount -r -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/disk/hda1 2>&1

Do i have to change something else in the config file ? Or another file ?

Thank for the help. :)

(...)

I have a little problem :

I try to mount and share a fat32 drive outside the array.

I can mount it in read only, not read/write.

But i want to mount it read/write.

I can do it manualy by telnet with this command

mount -w -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/disk/hda1 2>&1

but not with the disk mng, even if i change the unmenu.cong file :

MOUNT_OPTIONS vfat     = -w -t vfat

It will always mount it with this command :

mount -r -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/disk/hda1 2>&1

Do i have to change something else in the config file ? Or another file ?

Thank for the help. :)

Did you edit unmenu.conf, or unmenu_local.conf to change the -r to -w ??

Did you refresh the Disk-management page in the browser after you edited the unmenu.conf file?

Are you using the plug-in Disk-Management page (the "About" link will show "09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk 1.0 - Joe L.") , or the older built-in page? (you will see no entry for disk-management in "About") 

Did you refresh the Disk-management page in the browser after you edited the unmenu.conf file?

Are you using the plug-in Disk-Management page (the "About" link will show "09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk 1.0 - Joe L.") , or the older built-in page? (you will see no entry for disk-management in "About") 

I did edit unmenu.conf

It is located in a unmenu folder with all the unmenu files and config.

There is no unmenu_local.conf file.

I did refresh the browser AND i also did a reboot of the unraid.

I use the plug-in Disk Mng page (09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk: 1.0 - Joe L.).

unmenu.awk: Version 1.1 Joe L.... with modifications as suggested by bjp999

Plug-in-modules
07-unmenu-mymain.awk: 1.0 - contributed by bjp999
09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk: 1.0 - Joe L.
10-unmenu-links.awk: 1.1
16-unmenu-syslog.awk: Version: .8  - modified by Joe L. to use a pattern file.
17-unmenu-syslog.awk: Version: .8  - modified by Joe L. to use a pattern file.
18-unmenu-lsof.awk: Version: .1  - Joe L.
20-unmenu-usage.awk: 1.0
25-unmenu-dupe_files.awk: 1.1
29-unmenu-sysinfo.awk: 1.3 - modified to better deal with utilities not yet installed Joe L.
30-unmenu-file_browser.awk: 1.1.3 added unmenu_local.conf file - by Joe L.
50-unmenu-user_scripts.cgi: .2 - Added unmenu_local.conf file
99-unmenu-utility.awk: 1.0 - contributed by bjp999
990-unmenu-wget.awk: 1.2 Changed pattern expected to match package .conf files to not need leading number, suggested by jarodtufts
999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk: 1.1 Joe L. -- Added parse of "ps" to check for non-standard emhttp port.

I did edit unmenu.conf

It is located in a unmenu folder with all the unmenu files and config.

There is no unmenu_local.conf file.

I did refresh the browser AND i also did a reboot of the unraid.

I use the plug-in Disk Mng page (09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk: 1.0 - Joe L.).

unmenu.awk: Version 1.1 Joe L.... with modifications as suggested by bjp999

Plug-in-modules
07-unmenu-mymain.awk: 1.0 - contributed by bjp999
09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk: 1.0 - Joe L.
16-unmenu-syslog.awk: Version: .8  - modified by Joe L. to use a pattern file.
17-unmenu-syslog.awk: Version: .8  - modified by Joe L. to use a pattern file.
18-unmenu-lsof.awk: Version: .1  - Joe L.
20-unmenu-usage.awk: 1.0
25-unmenu-dupe_files.awk: 1.1
29-unmenu-sysinfo.awk: 1.3 - modified to better deal with utilities not yet installed Joe L.
99-unmenu-utility.awk: 1.0 - contributed by bjp999
990-unmenu-wget.awk: 1.2 Changed pattern expected to match package .conf files to not need leading number, suggested by jarodtufts
999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk: 1.1 Joe L. -- Added parse of "ps" to check for non-standard emhttp port.

It sounds like you are doing everything right.

All I can figure is the file-system type on the disk is being identified as something other than vfat to unMENU.

Try typing the following and post the result:

vol_id /dev/hda1

Joe L.

root@tvixhd4:~# vol_id /dev/hda1

ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem

ID_FS_TYPE=vfat

ID_FS_VERSION=FAT32

ID_FS_UUID=80B0-B934

ID_FS_UUID_ENC=80B0-B934

ID_FS_LABEL=TEST

ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=TEST

root@tvixhd4:~#

This is the usb key

root@tvixhd4:~# vol_id /dev/sdi1

ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem

ID_FS_TYPE=vfat

ID_FS_VERSION=FAT16

ID_FS_UUID=F409-96FF

ID_FS_UUID_ENC=F409-96FF

ID_FS_LABEL=UNRAID

ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=UNRAID

I use the HD for booting the unraid. It is a FAT32 fs.

My UNRAID key is FAT16.

Could this be the reason ? I mean, the system is thinking that the HD is also fat16 (because i use it for booting : bzroot & bzimage).

And since it isn't, it goes back to basics : read only.

I will try to format the HD in fat16 and see if it works. I can't format the key in fat32 because unraid won't work.

In fact, i don't realy need to write to the fat32 HD. Only for changing the bzroot and bzimage file when upgrading.

I can do it manualy.

:)

edit : HD in fat16 : same behavior. I can do it manualy (telnet) but not with unmenu disk-mng. :(

root@tvixhd4:~# vol_id /dev/hda1

ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem

ID_FS_TYPE=vfat

ID_FS_VERSION=FAT32

ID_FS_UUID=80B0-B934

ID_FS_UUID_ENC=80B0-B934

ID_FS_LABEL=TEST

ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=TEST

This is the usb key

root@tvixhd4:~# vol_id /dev/sdi1

ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem

ID_FS_TYPE=vfat

ID_FS_VERSION=FAT16

ID_FS_UUID=F409-96FF

ID_FS_UUID_ENC=F409-96FF

ID_FS_LABEL=UNRAID

ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=UNRAID

I use the HD for booting the unraid. It is a FAT32 fs.

My UNRAID key is FAT16.

Could this be the reason ? I mean, the system is thinking that the HD is also fat16 (because i use it for booting : bzroot & bzimage).

And since it isn't, it goes back to basics : read only.

I will try to format the HD in fat16 and see if it works. I can't format the key in fat32 because unraid won't work.

In fact, i don't realy need to write to the fat32 HD. Only for changing the bzroot and bzimage file when upgrading.

I can do it manualy.

:)

edit : HD in fat16 : same behavior. I can do it manualy (telnet) but not with unmenu disk-mng. :(

I did not think you would find an answer in reformatting the disk.

The basic facts are:

• unmenu uses vol_id to identify the type of file-system on a partition.  That file-system type should show up on the main page.
  • unmenu looks in unmenu.conf for lines that match the following pattern:
    MOUNT_OPTIONS fs-type  = options
    If you fixed the bug described earlier in this thread, the unmenu_local.conf file is also scanned for MOUNT_OPTIONS

The section in my unmenu.conf file looks like this:

MOUNT_OPTIONS reiserfs = -r -o noatime,nodiratime -t reiserfs

MOUNT_OPTIONS ntfs-3g  = -r -o umask=111,dmask=000 -t ntfs-3g

MOUNT_OPTIONS vfat    = -w -t vfat

MOUNT_OPTIONS msdos    = -r -t msdos

MOUNT_OPTIONS ext2    = -r -t ext2

# This option for "other" is used for fs-types not specifically defined.

# the file system type is added by common code since it can not be specified here.

MOUNT_OPTIONS other    = -r

# the built-in ntfs driver is read only... DO NOT attempt to use it as r/w

MOUNT_OPTIONS ntfs    = -r -o umask=111,dmask=000 -t ntfs

As you can see, I made vfat as "-w" to test.  I then plugged in an old USB flash drive.  It looked like this on the disk-management page:

jzfjnk.jpg

Pressing the "Mount" button, I get this:

fc1lx.jpg

The logic in the unmenu program will use -r as the mount option if it finds nothing else to match.  All I can think of is that you are not editing the correct line in the unmenu.conf file, or edited it in a way where it no longer matches the expected pattern.  (Did you use a unix-editor, or a windows one?  did you accidentally add a CR/NL pair to the end of the line?)

Joe L.

Well, i've got it.

I did the modification by telnet and midnight commander.

It was a unix-editor issue.  I use wordpad under windows for the unraid cfg files and it worked.

I figure it will do the same for the unmenu conf ones but they are not saved the right way.

mc did the trick.

Meanwhile, all those tests killed my usb key.

I want to tanks Tom because he replace my pro-key free of charge for my new usb key. :)

Joe.L, thanks for your time. :)

UnRAid with Unmenu and Sabnzbd rocks!

Excuse my enthusiam, but I finally had time to read and install unmenu.

It is so good, I am surprised it is not built-in to unraid.

With that said, has anyone created a link for sabnzb in the unmenu options? :P

it is a great addition, and has been working great since it set it up so long ago (January).

After a power outage and an un-intelligent powerdown, I'm trying to install the clean shutdown packages. Whern I click the link to download the tgz file, i get a blank page with 'e 0' - tried searching and got too many matches to decipher.

any ideas what's going on, and how to resolve?

it is a great addition, and has been working great since it set it up so long ago (January).

After a power outage and an un-intelligent powerdown, I'm trying to install the clean shutdown packages. Whern I click the link to download the tgz file, i get a blank page with 'e 0' - tried searching and got too many matches to decipher.

any ideas what's going on, and how to resolve?

You probably do not have a network path defined. (or a nameserver defined)

Can you type:

ping -c 6 google.com

Thanks Joe, you are correct. I'll get that resolved after consulting the wiki.

The settings that define a network gateway and domain-name-server( DNS Server ) are in the unRAID management console, on the "Settings" page.

You want to set at least one DNS entry, and the network gateway setting.

Usually, you can give them the IP address of your router (as I've done) in the example screen-shot from my server.

Obviously, these need to be values that match those of YOUR network... Don't use the values shown below unless you also have a 192.168.2.xxx subnet defined.

You might be able to get the DNS server address automatically if you get the IP address automatically.

Joe L.

30t6k9c.jpg

Is there a link to the latest version of unMENU that I've overlooked? I was working backwards trying to find updates and was suddenly overcome with the feeling I'd clearly missed something or was going to grab an incorrect version.

Thanks!

Is there a link to the latest version of unMENU that I've overlooked? I was working backwards trying to find updates and was suddenly overcome with the feeling I'd clearly missed something or was going to grab an incorrect version.

Thanks!

The latest set of zipped files is pointed to by the wiki entry: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Add_Ons#UnMENU

Because it has had submissions from many other people, the set of zipped files do not include all the latest plug-ins... available.  In some cases, they even have their own threads... Sorry.

These are the plug-in versions I have on my server (as of today, May 5th, 2009)...  You can check your "About" page to see if you have the newest versions.

[pre]

07-unmenu-mymain.awk 1.0 - contributed by bjp999

08-unmenu-array_mgmt.awk 1.0 - Joe L.

09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk 1.0 - Joe L.

10-unmenu-links.awk 1.2 Fixed increment of link counter

17-unmenu-syslog.awk Version: .8 - modified by Joe L. to use a pattern file.

18-unmenu-lsof.awk Version: .1 - Joe L.

20-unmenu-usage.awk 1.0

25-unmenu-dupe_files.awk 1.1

29-unmenu-sysinfo.awk 1.3 - modified to better deal with utilities not yet installed Joe L.

50-unmenu-user_scripts.cgi .3 - Fixed to allow single quotes in button labels

600-unmenu-file_edit.awk .2 Updated with ideas borrowed from go-script-manager plug-in to keep backup versions of files.

800-unmenu-goscriptv0.4.awk 0.4 Go Script Manager by Biggy2872 - Extensively modified version of Package Manager v1.1 by BubbaQ/Joe L.

99-unmenu-utility.awk 1.0 - contributed by bjp999

990-unmenu-wget.awk 1.4 fixed incorrect button name when package exists on server, but different version.

999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk 1.1 Joe L. -- Added parse of "ps" to check for non-standard emhttp port.[/pre]

Here are the diffs between Joe's plugins and mine.  I really thought I was on top of this, but maybe not...

Joe's:

08-unmenu-array_mgmt.awk 1.0 - Joe L.

10-unmenu-links.awk 1.2 Fixed increment of link counter

50-unmenu-user_scripts.cgi .3 - Fixed to allow single quotes in button labels

800-unmenu-goscriptv0.4.awk 0.4 Go Script Manager by Biggy2872 - Extensively modified version of Package Manager v1.1 by BubbaQ/Joe L.

990-unmenu-wget.awk 1.4 fixed incorrect button name when package exists on server, but different version.

Mine:

800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk: 0.6.1 Go Script Manager by Biggy2872 - with code/ideas from BubbaQ/Joe L/bjp999.

I don't even show an array_mgmt plugin in my list (though, I do have an array_mgmt link).  And Joe doesn't show a file_browser plugin in his.  Clearly I need to find the updated versions for the links, user_scripts, & wget plugins (does anyone know where I might look?).  Strange, it seems that my goscript plugin is more up-to-date than Joe's.

I don't even show an array_mgmt plugin in my list (though, I do have an array_mgmt link).

Yes, it is not yet published as a plug-in, although it is a built-in.  I made it into a plug-in so it will function with unRAID-Web.  It will look like this:

http://i39.tinypic.com/kd5y8i.jpg

And Joe doesn't show a file_browser plugin in his.

Oops... I took the list from unRAID-Web's unMENU extension.  It uses a much improved file-explorer not possible in the unmenu.awk server that looks like this and is very full featured.  Makes "mc" look like stone-age and the one in the unmenu plug-in look trivial by comparison.

The file-browser version in the standard unMENU is:

[pre]30-unmenu-file_browser.awk: 1.1.3 added unmenu_local.conf file - by Joe L[/pre].

Clearly I need to find the updated versions for the links, user_scripts, & wget plugins (does anyone know where I might look?).  Strange, it seems that my goscript plugin is more up-to-date than Joe's.

Yes, I've not adopted the goscript plugin on my server.  I have the /etc/custom/rc.d folder structure in place and it is much easier for me so I've not kept up with the goscript plugin.  I'm sure I have an older version, but I don't use it.

Joe L.

I'm running unRAID-Web v0.1.04 and It appears that I too have the improved file-explorer, but for the life of me I can't figure out what username and password it requires.  I thought it was supposed to have a default of admin/admin, but that doesn't work for me. 

I'm running unRAID-Web v0.1.04 and It appears that I too have the improved file-explorer, but for the life of me I can't figure out what username and password it requires.  I thought it was supposed to have a default of admin/admin, but that doesn't work for me. 

admin/admin always worked for me.  Make sure you have the caps lock key off.

Joe L.

• 2 weeks later...

Help can get unmenu to run. Linux noob so thats prob. the issue. Unzip everything into /boot/unmenu.  I can see the uu file but when I type uu nothing happens. I tried to put /boot/unmenu/uu in the go script but no help???

Tower login: root

Linux 2.6.29.1-unRAID.

root@Tower:~# killall -g awk

root@Tower:~# cd /boot/unmenu/uu

-bash: cd: /boot/unmenu/uu: Not a directory

root@Tower:~# cd /boot/unmenu

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu# ls

07-unmenu-mymain.awk*              MoveCopy.htm*

09-unmenu-disk_mgmt.awk*          apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf*

10-unmenu-links.awk*              bwm-ng-unmenu-package.conf*

10-unmenu_user_script_hello*      cxxlibs-unmenu-package.conf*

1000-unmenu_user_script_restart*  drivedb.lib.awk*

16-unmenu-syslog.awk*              file-unmenu-package.conf*

17-unmenu-syslog.awk*              lsof-unmenu-package.conf*

20-unmenu-usage.awk*              myMain.conf*

20-unmenu_user_script_goodbye*    myMain_local.conf*

25-unmenu-dupe_files.awk*          nohup.out*

29-unmenu-sysinfo.awk*            ntfs-3g-1.5130-unmenu-package.conf*

30-unmenu-file_browser.awk*        pciutils-unmenu-package.conf*

30-unmenu_user_script_getra*      rc.local-unmenu-package.conf*

30-unmenu_user_script_setra-0256*  smartctl-unmenu-package.conf*

30-unmenu_user_script_setra-1024*  syslog_match.conf*

30-unmenu_user_script_setra-2048*  unmenu.awk*

40-unmenu_user_script_disk_speed*  unmenu.base.lib.awk*

50-unmenu-user_scripts.cgi*        unmenu.conf*

99-unmenu-utility.awk*            utility.lib.awk*

990-unmenu-wget.awk*              uu*

999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk*        zip-unmenu-package.conf*

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu# uu

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu# ps -ef | grep emhttp

root      1337    1  0 21:00 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/emhttp

root      1511  1490  0 21:31 pts/0    00:00:00 grep emhttp

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu#

It looks like you did it correctly, so the unmenu server should be running.  As the title says, it is a 'web interface', an alternative to the standard unRAID web management pages.  Have you tried to access it from your web browser?  You just add :8080 to the standard way of accessing the web page, //tower:8080 instead of //tower.

I've updated the UnMENU start instructions.

You tried to grep for emhttp, I think you wanted to grep for unmenu.

Thanks Rob

That did it. added :8080 (duh) guess I should have gone back to the first post and reread it but wasnt sure I made it that far.

I see alot of script for the go file to start this automatically could someone post a good current script to start this up on boot.

I dont what to download alot of stuff but could someone suggest some other must have downloads like the powerdown one I think I read some lot some files from a non clean poweroff?

Unmenu not working on boot up I still have to type uu to get it to work here is my go script HELP??

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

sleep 30

for i in /dev/md*

do

blockdev --setra 2048 $i

# Start up unmenu

sleep 10

/boot/unmenu/uu

• Squid locked this topic