Seagate 2TB NAS Drive $99 (ST2000VN000)

Not to derail this thread, but can a "NAS drive" be used as an additional drive on my PC??  I have 4x500GB drives that I would like to retire.  It would not be in a RAID array, etc- just standard storage.  I am just looking for some storage (for movies, music), for things that are NOT on my unRaid box.  I have a TigerDirect up the road, and could use an extra 2TB in my desktop.

Any downside? 

Thanks!

Or go the next step for their 4TB, $189 at Newegg with code EMCXNWM27

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178393

And that's exactly what I did, thanks to you  ;D  I just purchased 3 of these  8)

Got all three today, got them installed into my server and lo and behold  >:(  two of them were just flat out dead, and the third one was making loud scratching/grinding noise. I am sending them all back to newegg for a refund  :-\

Or go the next step for their 4TB, $189 at Newegg with code EMCXNWM27

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178393

And that's exactly what I did, thanks to you  ;D  I just purchased 3 of these  8)

Got all three today, got them installed into my server and lo and behold  >:(  two of them were just flat out dead, and the third one was making loud scratching/grinding noise. I am sending them all back to newegg for a refund  :-\

I got mine from Tiger and all good....  before this one I got a WD RED from new egg and dead... making noises....