Insanely low transfer speeds

Been a long time since I have had an issue with unraid but when upgrading to the newest rc I ran into a problem with transfer speeds being slow both to and from the server.

By slow Im talking 1-1.25MB/second (down from 20-40MB/sec before upgrading). The odd thing is that playback of media seems to be fine over the network. Just adding to the server is being effected.

Nothing else has changed on the hardware side, and I have tried copying files to each individual drive with the same results for each. I seem to recall having to do something before when I first started using unraid, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was to increase the speed.

I have noticed this too.  I recently upgraded 4.7 --> latest 5.0 RC 16 i think and mine varies from 40mb -->1.0mb to and from server.  Seems slower than 4.7.

Also I noticed that I was transferring some files on the server from one folder to another folder, spees are under 10mb the whole time..  Doesn't look normal to me..

Since most people are not having these problems, it must be something specific to your systems. You will have to provide more information on your specific systems before anyone can help.

Syslogs, hardware list, perhaps smart tests, etc.

Also perhaps a more controlled speed test with all of the details.

I have attached syslog and my machine specs are in the signature.

Ran a test 6GB file, copying from UNRAID to computer I get around 40mb/sec but copying to UNRAID starts out at 40 tops then fluctuates down to 5mb, 20mb and etc. 

edit:  i did some more testing just coping files from computer to unraid, tends to copy at around 15mb - 20mb/s 

What other logs should I pull up and etc.  I'm new w/ linux codes and etc. 

syslog-20130802-163913.txt

Archived