Dynamix - Plugin Control

New version available

If you have installed the initial version you can easily upgrade using the "plugin control page" and press update.

Release notes v2.0.3

====================

Fixed: conversion of version number

Release notes v2.0.2

====================

Fixed: non-removal of config file upon uninstall

Added: upload icon in header row

Added: changes notification after installation

Added: reference to github for all release notes

Release notes v2.0.1

====================

Added: links to setting pages

Added: display of release notes after upgrade

Now a direct link to the associated settings page is available as soon as a plugin is installed, less mouse clicks to get to the essentials  :)

Another 'nifty' feature is a popup screen showing the release notes after an update is done. This feature requires Dynamix webGui v2.0.4 or higher to be installed. The webGui can also be updated through the "plugin control page" (no system reboot is required).

Once "webGui" and "plugin control" are both updated this feature becomes available for all future updates and gives you a quick view at the changes. See the attachment for an example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately there is no plugin manager which allows easy installation and removal of plugins.

I started with a first step and introduce to you Dynamix Plugin Control (right-click and choose "save link as", store the PLG file in the location '/boot/config/plugins'.

Do the usual thing to get this plugin installed.

cd /boot/config/plugins

installplg dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.3-noarch-bergware.plg

This is an optional add-on you can use and it works for the moment only with Dynamix plugins (needed to start somewhere).

From now on the GUI can be used to install, update and uninstall any of the Dynamix plugins. Upon opening the page, a check is done with github, and as a result the user gets a list of all available plugins - including their version - and the possibility to install or update them. Uninstalling has never been easier, though some plugins require a reboot of the system after uninstallation and have them completely unloaded on a system start.

See the picture below to get an impression.

Like to hear your feedback, remember this is all very fresh and should be treated as beta... it is working quite well and people are encouraged to use it!

plugin-control-2.png.7e093e2065060a69dd15c9780a115776.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep works now.

Suggestion - in the plugin control, is it possible to have a link for each installed plugin to take you to it's settings page?

For example - if I have the web server plugin installed, let me click on the "Web Server" text and take me to the web server settings, rather than me have to go Settings - Network Services - Web Server

Yep works now.

Suggestion - in the plugin control, is it possible to have a link for each installed plugin to take you to it's settings page?

For example - if I have the web server plugin installed, let me click on the "Web Server" text and take me to the web server settings, rather than me have to go Settings - Network Services - Web Server

This is all work in progress, but linking to the settings page is a good suggestion, thanks. It is on my todo list  :)

Thank you for all your good work. And Happy New Year!

[me=DaleWilliams]looks around for the smiley with the party hat and settles for: [/me] ;D ;D

In my part of the world people already started their fireworks, though we still have some hours to go before midnight. Everybody is anxious to celebrate the New Year  :)

Best wishes to all ...

I have this running now also. Works great so far. I have already used it to update Active Streams and System Temp, but I haven't updated webGUI to 2.0.3 yet since it says I would have to reboot. Haven't seen anything discussed about that update. What was changed?

A reboot is only needed when a "uninstall' is done, installation and upgrading are done on-the-fly...

Using the tool gave people 'suddenly' access to the most recent versions of the plugins. These are bug fixing releases with corrections of the observations of the people here.

bonienl,

First, I would like to say great job on the dynamix interface, i think it looks great and I finally migrated off of SF (which was working for me fine on V5), but i had to test it. I only had one problem and it was with the dynamix.log.viewer-2.0.1-noarch-bergware.plg plugin - i am getting bad download, looked for the files on github but didn't see them.

Second, it it possible to keep the cache drive with the "Array Devices" page - Im not complaining just makes it easier to do screen shots of the hard drive assignments for backup records.

Anyway great job will continue to test it out...

Great plugin, are there any revisions going to be made for a User Plugin Page similar to you dynamix page that would include anything that was 3rd party plugins to Unraid? or is it possible to make a Plugins Tab on the Top then after you click on it you would have a tab for Dynamix Plugins and one for User Plugins...

Great plugin, are there any revisions going to be made for a User Plugin Page similar to you dynamix page that would include anything that was 3rd party plugins to Unraid? or is it possible to make a Plugins Tab on the Top then after you click on it you would have a tab for Dynamix Plugins and one for User Plugins...

It can be a goal to use this as a framework for all plugins, it is possible, though there a number of rules to follow to make it work. I might write a tutorial to help other developers, but ideally I like to see a "plugin manager" coming from Limetech (with our help).

I don't see a thread for the individual plugins offered so I'll post this here. First, great job! Very professional looking.

The CPU/MB temps don't display on my system while they had when using SimpleFeatures. Motherboard is an ASUS F2A85-V PRO and the CPU AMD A10-6800K

Update: Just remembered that I upgraded the MB/CPU since I last ran SimpleFeatures.

It can be a goal to use this as a framework for all plugins, it is possible, though there a number of rules to follow to make it work. I might write a tutorial to help other developers, but ideally I like to see a "plugin manager" coming from Limetech (with our help).

I would suggest you take a look at Boiler by nicinabox, which is more of a package manager, but if it starts being widely used I suspect it will work quite nicely here.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=30827.0

Ogi