Sample xml file for windows 8.1 and GPU/USB passtrough

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked above, but not sure if anyone saw it... is there a way to see what you bound already (aka whats live?)  I was troubleshooting / trying lots of things and am not 100% sure where I ended up <sigh>  you can't cat that new_id file, is there a way to recall that info with a command?

Thanks!

lspci -k is the command to see PCI devices and the driver they are currently bound to.  If it says "vfio-pci", there yah go...

This is great info!

Is there a way to "unbind" a connection, without rebooting the system using the vfio-bind script?

I asked above, but not sure if anyone saw it... is there a way to see what you bound already (aka whats live?)  I was troubleshooting / trying lots of things and am not 100% sure where I ended up <sigh>  you can't cat that new_id file, is there a way to recall that info with a command?

Thanks!

lspci -k is the command to see PCI devices and the driver they are currently bound to.  If it says "vfio-pci", there yah go...

This is great info!

Is there a way to "unbind" a connection, without rebooting the system using the vfio-bind script?

Thanks!

Not in the current beta. Can't see a reason why you would need that though to be honest.

I made a mistake when following a guide, and included a USB controller.  I only meant to bind the video card.

I'm guessing the USB controller you passed through then was the card that your boot device was attached to, yes?  If so, you need to reboot.  And yes, you will have an unclean shutdown detected.  Be careful!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again, after following the whole steps (including what I posted before) This is what I get:

root@Tower2:/mnt/btrfs/VM# virsh create w81kvm1.xml
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

I'm stuck here.  Did you figure out how to get past this part?  I'm on 6b10a.  This is my first unraid install, but I've created a cache drive, an array, setup Plex Media Server on docker.  I mounted and copied files from my NTFS drives to the array.  I converted my vdi to qcow2, and created the xml file, but can't seem to get virsh to work.  Everything I find online is talking about where code was compiled, of which I haven't messed with on this setup, so it should be stock.

Thanks for any help.

I'm stuck here.  Did you figure out how to get past this part?  I'm on 6b10a.  This is my first unraid install, but I've created a cache drive, an array, setup Plex Media Server on docker.  I mounted and copied files from my NTFS drives to the array.  I converted my vdi to qcow2, and created the xml file, but can't seem to get virsh to work.  Everything I find online is talking about where code was compiled, of which I haven't messed with on this setup, so it should be stock.

Did you install the plugins listed here? I believe those are necessary with the latest beta.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35136.0