smdion's Docker Template Repository - Directions and Help Here

I having an odd problem with the latest H5AI container. I've got what I think is a pretty basic setup (80/tcp<->host:81, /config <-> /mnt/user/docker-data/h5ai, /var/www <-> /mnt/user/Videos). When I start the container, it technically "works", in that I can access the h5ai interface @ host_ip:81, however if I check the log it is constantly cycling through the following errors, and never stops:

[20-Mar-2015 10:50:01] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/run/php5-fpm.sock
[20-Mar-2015 10:50:01] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
[20-Mar-2015 10:50:03] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/run/php5-fpm.sock
[20-Mar-2015 10:50:03] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?

Cheers,

-A

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been going through the guide to setup DDClient and reverse proxy.

DDClient went good, but I am getting the following error in the reverse proxy log:

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 2 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:2: was not closed.
* Stopping web server apache2

Any ideas of what this could mean?

Been going through the guide to setup DDClient and reverse proxy.

DDClient went good, but I am getting the following error in the reverse proxy log:

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 2 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:2: was not closed.

Any ideas of what this could mean?

Post a copy of your proxy-config.conf

Post a copy of your proxy-config.conf

I fixed it last night (forgot was missing a "/virtualhost" on port 443.  However I have a second error:

AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/html] does not exist
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs

This seems like a fairly easy fix, should I add/modify my /web volume mapping? Right now I have it pointed to my cache drive: /mnt/cache/APPS/proxy/web

Here is my proxy-config.conf: http://pastebin.com/GUynrQ5u

Thanks

Try changing document root to /var/www  pretty sure mine doesn't have HTML at the end.

Making progress.  The /var/www "Warning" is fixed, but the (98) Address already in use......could not bind 0.0.0.0:80 error is still there.

I'm sure I am missing something obvious.

Thanks for helping.

Try changing document root to /var/www  pretty sure mine doesn't have HTML at the end.

Making progress.  The /var/www "Warning" is fixed, but the (98) Address already in use......could not bind 0.0.0.0:80 error is still there.

I'm sure I am missing something obvious.

Thanks for helping.

Have a look here and see if that helps at all.

Hello,

I'm trying to get the ReverseProxy setup, and I am running into an issue.  I know I have to be overlooking something simple.

I'm trying everything on port 80 for now to get it working there before even going into SSL and 443.

Anyways, I started with my router and port forwarding.  I have port 80 forwarding to my unraid server. 192.168.1.3

I have the docker setup with container port 80, and host port 81... and I have the simplest config file.  Right now I'm just trying to point to sonarr, couchpotato, and plexwatch.

I followed your recommendations for a free dns subdomain just to test things out before I got my own domain too.  The problem I have now is that if I just go to my.domain.com it takes me to my unRAID dashboard. 

Now, this makes sense to me since that is just http and would be on port 80 and my router is forwarding all port 80 traffic to my unraid server. 

if i try something like my.domain.com/sonarr i just get a 404 error, which also makes sense because that page doesn't exist in unRAID gui.

This'll happen with or without my apache container running.  So basically, it seems that unraid is trumping apache and I'm competing for port 80 traffic.  What simple step might I be missing?  :D

Hello,

I'm trying to get the ReverseProxy setup, and I am running into an issue.  I know I have to be overlooking something simple.

I'm trying everything on port 80 for now to get it working there before even going into SSL and 443.

Anyways, I started with my router and port forwarding.  I have port 80 forwarding to my unraid server. 192.168.1.3

I have the docker setup with container port 80, and host port 81... and I have the simplest config file.  Right now I'm just trying to point to sonarr, couchpotato, and plexwatch.

I followed your recommendations for a free dns subdomain just to test things out before I got my own domain too.  The problem I have now is that if I just go to my.domain.com it takes me to my unRAID dashboard. 

Now, this makes sense to me since that is just http and would be on port 80 and my router is forwarding all port 80 traffic to my unraid server. 

if i try something like my.domain.com/sonarr i just get a 404 error, which also makes sense because that page doesn't exist in unRAID gui.

This'll happen with or without my apache container running.  So basically, it seems that unraid is trumping apache and I'm competing for port 80 traffic.  What simple step might I be missing?  :D

I should add this to my how to.  Add the -P XX in your /boot/config/go file.  Where the XX is the port you want the unRAID GUI to run on.

/boot/config/go

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p XX &

smdion, completely OT here, but what theme did you use for your Wordpress site?  I'm trying to put one together purely for my LAN to access a few different things and need something wife friendly and simple and yours looks a good place to start.  Clean & uncluttered!

smdion, completely OT here, but what theme did you use for your Wordpress site?  I'm trying to put one together purely for my LAN to access a few different things and need something wife friendly and simple and yours looks a good place to start.  Clean & uncluttered!

Twenty Twelve is the theme :)  I like clean and uncluttered. Oh and http://subtlepatterns.com/ is awesome too.

Twenty Twelve is the theme :)  I like clean and uncluttered. Oh and http://subtlepatterns.com/ is awesome too.

Thanks mate, nice to see you back as well!  ;D

Thanks mate, nice to see you back as well!  ;D

I make no promises and have a much smaller setup now, but I'm trying to hang around as much as I can ;)

I make no promises and have a much smaller setup now, but I'm trying to hang around as much as I can ;)

No pressure, but I am very grateful for your containers, reverse-proxy is awesome, managed to setup wordpress and owncloud finally today, gave up trying to reverse-proxy the owncloud container and just installed it manually.

No pressure, but I am very grateful for your containers, reverse-proxy is awesome, managed to setup wordpress and owncloud finally today, gave up trying to reverse-proxy the owncloud container and just installed it manually.

I'll play with and get owncloud working behind a proxy again and get it documented.  No timeframe on it though :)

I'll play with and get owncloud working behind a proxy again and get it documented.  No timeframe on it though :)

I've added it to my page. Let me know how it works

http://www.seandion.info/unraid/apache-reverse-proxy-info-for-smdions-dockers/

Potiential bug report in DDClient Docker:

My DDClient was not updating my IP so I rooted around a bit.

According to the Dockerfile, the config file link is placed at /etc/ddclient.conf

ln -s /config/ddclient.conf /etc/ddclient.conf

but the /etc/init.d/ddclient file is set for .conf file to be at /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf

#!/bin/sh
#
# Start ddclient that provides support for updating dynamic DNS services.
#
# Submitted by paolo martinelli

DDCLIENT=/usr/sbin/ddclient
CONF=/etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf
PIDFILE=/var/run/ddclient.pid

when I copied the conf file from /etc/ddclient.conf to /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf and restarted the container my IP updated instantly.

Hope this helps,

Thanks once again for such great docker containers.

The Capt.

I'm also having trouble getting ddclient to work using namecheap as my host.  Spent an hour on the livechat support with them and my .conf is good so would love a bit more info on this one.

I currently have my /config mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/ddclient

If I start the ddclient with no conf it creates the sample one in my appdata/ddclient folder and I then edit it, and my log when I restart shows.

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
Using existing config file.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 9
Setting up watches.
Watches established.

So I assumed that meant it was using my conf file, but it would explain my problem if the above is correct.

Unfortunately I can't work out how to navigate to /etc/init.d/ within the container to look and check.

Got so far as

docker ls

but cannot work out how to browse the docker file system to check.

I have also added this fix now.

According to the Dockerfile, the config file link is placed at /etc/ddclient.conf

but the /etc/init.d/ddclient file is set for .conf file to be at /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf

#!/bin/sh
#
#

when I copied the conf file from /etc/ddclient.conf to /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf and restarted the container my IP updated instantly.

Hope this helps,

The Capt.

I'm also having trouble getting ddclient to work using namecheap as my host.  Spent an hour on the livechat support with them and my .conf is good so would love a bit more info on this one.

If I start the ddclient with no conf it creates the sample one in my appdata/ddclient folder and I then edit it, and my log when I restart shows.

Setting up watches.
Watches established.

So I assumed that meant it was using my conf file, but it would explain my problem if the above is correct.

Unfortunately I can't work out how to navigate to /etc/init.d/ within the container to look and check.

Got so far as

docker ls

Thanks my man, I'll give it a go when the wife let's me have five minutes, got be honest I want to be annoyed at you for accomplishing in a day what has taken me weeks! But it's all learning for me I guess!

#!/bin/sh
#
#

Hope this helps,

The Capt.

Setting up watches.
Watches established.

Got so far as

docker ls

Thanks my man, I'll give it a go when the wife let's me have five minutes, got be honest I want to be annoyed at you for accomplishing in a day what has taken me weeks! But it's all learning for me I guess!

It helps when you did it once already ;)

Another quick question if I may, and I understand you're busy at the moment so no problems if you can't answer it.  I'm using you apache reverse proxy (modified slightly by me as I explained in a PM a while back - just some extra php stuff) 

Using wordpress I can only install themes etc by manually downloading and copying to the appropriate directory, not a problem particularly but FTP access would make things a fair bit easier, how do you go about it?  Is there a way to run a FTP server in the docker to place content into a mapped volume (/web) or have I got the wrong idea here?

PS: Couldn't get the owncloud reverse proxy working, but I'll continue playing with it for a while longer, like I said before I've got it installed manually into my /web folder and working with SSL and all my website redirects to SSL anyway with a rule in proxy-config.conf so no urgency at all to get the owncloud container going as other than being nice and automatic in the case of reinstall.

Another quick question if I may, and I understand you're busy at the moment so no problems if you can't answer it.  I'm using you apache reverse proxy (modified slightly by me as I explained in a PM a while back - just some extra php stuff) 

Using wordpress I can only install themes etc by manually downloading and copying to the appropriate directory, not a problem particularly but FTP access would make things a fair bit easier, how do you go about it?  Is there a way to run a FTP server in the docker to place content into a mapped volume (/web) or have I got the wrong idea here?

I have an OpenVPN connection on my router, that I connect to, than make an SFTP connection to my unRAID box to upload files.

PS: Couldn't get the owncloud reverse proxy working, but I'll continue playing with it for a while longer, like I said before I've got it installed manually into my /web folder and working with SSL and all my website redirects to SSL anyway with a rule in proxy-config.conf so no urgency at all to get the owncloud container going as other than being nice and automatic in the case of reinstall.

I'm using gfjardim's docker for owncloud.  What part of it is not working?

#!/bin/sh
#
#

Hope this helps,

The Capt.

Setting up watches.
Watches established.

Got so far as

docker ls

@smdion, great to see you still around the forums.

After finding this bug in the DDClient container, I cloned you DDClient github,made some adjustment and put it in my repo. All credit was still given to you, see here for details and list of fixes:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38146.0

If you want, have a look at the changes in my github here:

https://github.com/CaptInsano/docker-containers/tree/master/DDClient

and pull whatever ones you want into your own!

Great to see you back,

The Capt.

@smdion, great to see you still around the forums.

After finding this bug in the DDClient container, I cloned you DDClient github,made some adjustment and put it in my repo. All credit was still given to you, see here for details and list of fixes:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38146.0

If you want, have a look at the changes in my github here:

https://github.com/CaptInsano/docker-containers/tree/master/DDClient

and pull whatever ones you want into your own!

Great to see you back,

The Capt.

Thanks for keeping the community with a working docker.  I may just copy paste out yours ;)