smdion's Docker Template Repository - Directions and Help Here

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi smdion,

could it be that your Website is down? Just wanted to have a look at it.

Down for me too, so I assume it's an issue smdion's end.  I know the poor chap has just moved house and job so might have to give him a while, I've had a pretty good study of his website in the recent past, so might be able to help in his absence.

Hi smdion,

Down for me too, so I assume it's an issue smdion's end.  I know the poor chap has just moved house and job so might have to give him a while, I've had a pretty good study of his website in the recent past, so might be able to help in his absence.

If you mean http://www.seandion.info/ it is working for me.

Hi smdion,

Hi smdion,

If you mean http://www.seandion.info/ it is working for me.

Still down for me.  But I am on my phone. Get a DNS error. I can however load up a cached version.

smdion,

Regarding your beta PlexReport, any luck as to what would cause the GITHUB to not pick up the latest? Your docker is pointing to the right source and I have deleted the container/image for PlexReport but it keeps getting the wrong version (without PlexHome), or possibly the wrong version, but I don't know how to tell what version it got other than looking at your link in the docker script.

smdion,

Regarding your beta PlexReport, any luck as to what would cause the GITHUB to not pick up the latest? Your docker is pointing to the right source and I have deleted the container/image for PlexReport but it keeps getting the wrong version (without PlexHome), or possibly the wrong version, but I don't know how to tell what version it got other than looking at your link in the docker script.

exec into the container and try this in the folder that the git pull is made into.

git log

see if the commit is the same as on the git page.

smdion,

exec into the container and try this in the folder that the git pull is made into.

git log

Pardon my complete lack of docker knowledge on this one, but I am not really sure how to... My vast knowledge led me to something like this but that ddin't do anything for me haha

docker exec -i plexReport /bin/bash

this gets me in (I assume) but then running git log returns:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

smdion,

git log

Pardon my complete lack of docker knowledge on this one, but I am not really sure how to... My vast knowledge led me to something like this but that ddin't do anything for me haha

this gets me in (I assume) but then running git log returns:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

find  / -type d -name ".git" -ls

hopefully it should find only folder cd to the folder containing the .git ,

ie if it says ./opt/plexreport/.git cd to /opt/plexreport

(if it finds more, cd to the one with plex or partof in the name)

then run

git log

I can't remember whether that lists old or new commits first, but it does show the date so it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

then compare that with the git commits on the git page for plexreport.

find  / -type d -name ".git" -ls

hopefully it should find only folder cd to the folder containing the .git ,

ie if it says ./opt/plexreport/.git cd to /opt/plexreport

(if it finds more, cd to the one with plex or partof in the name)

then run

git log

I can't remember whether that lists old or new commits first, but it does show the date so it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

then compare that with the git commits on the git page for plexreport.

Thanks sparklyballs...

Hmm, looks like its missing a bunch of stuff, last commit was 1/8/2015 and the bug that needed to be fixed was the 1/29, plus there have been a bunch since then.

commit cd7bae0ea1a76f66adc42cb8debbd3e66ee36449

Author: bstascavage <[email protected]>

Date:  Thu Jan 8 13:50:48 2015 -0500

Fixed bug where incomplete seasons had every episdoe listed

I guess I don't understand github enough :) The dockerfile code is pulling from the master, https://github.com/bstascavage/plexReport.git and when you go there its shows all the latest commits.

hey smdion,

your headphones container isn't having much lucking in the auto-update notification department.  Here's a screenshot.  I've deleted and reinstalled with no change.

Working for me mate. Although only installed it today but checked for updates and it looks like it's working

2yTc3RJ.jpg

it may well be a clean install from your point of view but the docker image itself is a fixed point in time.

I forked smdions repo and looked at this one, when the image was built on docker hub whatever was latest git at that time will always be in that image.

since smdion seems to be taking a sabbatical there are only two ways now to get a later image, someone to take ownership of his entire repo and for them to run an update build , or someone to take this particular image, put it in their repo, run an updated build and tell people to change to their repo.

Having trouble with the Headphones docker.

I've re-loaded (deleted the container & the image) a couple times but it's doing the same thing.  I get 1 or 2 artists, if any (the same 1 gets loaded first).  I get plenty of 503 timeouts from musicbrainz, but I've left it all weekend & it doesn't load any more (even if I force a rescan).  I've found that once I get the error below in the log, it doesn't go any farther.  Sometimes it hits before any artists are loaded, max I've got is 2. 

Error:

ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/logger.py", line 210, in new_run

old_run(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run

self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/librarysync.py", line 333, in libraryScan

importer.artistlist_to_mbids(artist_list)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/importer.py", line 63, in artistlist_to_mbids

results = mb.findArtist(artist, limit=1)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/mb.py", line 98, in findArtist

mb_lock.snooze(5)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/lock.py", line 70, in snooze

self.queue.add(seconds)

AttributeError: Queue instance has no attribute 'add'

I also see the message "You're running an unknown version of headphones, click to Update or Close".  Update tries to update, but nothing happens. 

Oh yeah - beta14b, this is on a test server, I'm planning to switch to Unraid.  Have Plex docker running great.  Just seeing what else I can do with it.  I have a win7 running headphones just fine, so I don't think it's a setup problem.  Anybody have a suggestion?

Having trouble with the Headphones docker.

I've re-loaded (deleted the container & the image) a couple times but it's doing the same thing.  I get 1 or 2 artists, if any (the same 1 gets loaded first).  I get plenty of 503 timeouts from musicbrainz, but I've left it all weekend & it doesn't load any more.  I've found that once I get the error below in the log, it doesn't go any farther.  Sometimes it hits before any artists are loaded, max I've got is 2.

Error:

ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/logger.py", line 210, in new_run

old_run(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run

self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/librarysync.py", line 333, in libraryScan

importer.artistlist_to_mbids(artist_list)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/importer.py", line 63, in artistlist_to_mbids

results = mb.findArtist(artist, limit=1)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/mb.py", line 98, in findArtist

mb_lock.snooze(5)

File "/opt/headphones/headphones/lock.py", line 70, in snooze

self.queue.add(seconds)

AttributeError: Queue instance has no attribute 'add'

I also see the message "You're running an unknown version of headphones, click to Update or Close".  Update tries to update, but nothing happens.

first thing is musicbrainz server being overloaded

second thing is not having the edge variable set to 1 in the docker template so git is unavailable, you can either ignore it or set edge to 1, but if there's a git update that breaks the container..........

Thanks Sparkly, I thought it might be related to the version, but since it was stopping on the error, I wasn't sure.  If it would continue to get info from musicbrainz I wouldn't mind, but I've left it for 2+ days in multiple instances & it only gets 2 artists loaded.

How do I set EDGE=1 in the template?  I tried running the command from the github page via SSH

docker run -d --net="host" --name="headphones" -v /path/to/headphones/data:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/download s -v /path/to/music:/music -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e EDGE=1 -p 8181:8181 sacretagent/needo-headphones

but it's getting stuck at the --net="host" part  (also adjusted the command for my volume mapping)

"flag provided but not defined: -–net"

This is only the 3rd docker i've set up, but Plex & Transmission haven't been an issue.  (well, I haven't done anything with Transmission, but it doesn't give me errors, yet).