[IDEA] - Share dockers in xml format

What happens after you press the add button?

So this is just for building templates.  It does not pull the container?

It should pull and install the container, based on those settings.  it will show a dialog box that shows the run command it used, which will be populated with the selections you made in that template.

Ok I clicked add and it just stayed on the screen.  I also noticed when you type in your ports you have to click add port to get it to keep your port setting.

*** Update ***  Looks like it pulled it down and created the container. I just didn't wait long enough I have slow DSL!

I don't think it setting the permissions right on the folder level. When I started sabnzbd it shows up with empty directory. I look at the file permissions and its set to Root.  I thought it was supposed to be set to nobody?

Thanks

That's a bummer, emhttp and PHP run as root. I could change the permissions at docker creation, but I'm afraid it broke something for someone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What happens after you press the add button?

So this is just for building templates.  It does not pull the container?

It should pull and install the container, based on those settings.  it will show a dialog box that shows the run command it used, which will be populated with the selections you made in that template.

Ok I clicked add and it just stayed on the screen.  I also noticed when you type in your ports you have to click add port to get it to keep your port setting.

*** Update ***  Looks like it pulled it down and created the container. I just didn't wait long enough I have slow DSL!

I don't think it setting the permissions right on the folder level. When I started sabnzbd it shows up with empty directory. I look at the file permissions and its set to Root.  I thought it was supposed to be set to nobody?

Thanks

That's a bummer, emhttp and PHP run as root. I could change the permissions at docker creation, but I'm afraid it broke something for someone.

I am liking what you have created.  Hopefully you can come up a fix! 

JustinChase does yours work with sabnzbd?  did you let the plugin creat the sabnzbd directory? What file permissions does yours have?

Thanks

Yeah, mine works, but I created my sabnzbd docker the day it became available, then fought a bit with permissions, so I'm not sure if it will 'just work' by using this new tool.  I didn't really have to create anything new since about 10 days ago, I'm just pointing everything to the places that already work.

With that said, here are my permissions...

root@media:/mnt/cache/appdata# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  28 Jun 23 20:12 couchpotato/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 208 Jul  2 02:02 deluge/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 168 Jul  3 19:39 nzbdrone/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 104 Jun 20 13:59 sabnzbd/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  78 Jun 20 21:48 sickbeard/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 320 Jul  3 19:43 sickrage/

and...

root@media:/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd# ls -l
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   184 Jul  3 17:04 admin/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   226 Jun 20 11:21 autoProcessTV/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    22 Jun 19 22:48 logs/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 12360 Jul  2 21:14 nzbs/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  4287 Jul  3 16:24 sabnzbd.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  4287 Jul  3 16:24 sabnzbd.ini.bak

I had manually placed the autoProcessTV folder there, so I don't suppose you'll have it.

When I was playing around a bit with new programs/dockers recently, I discovered that newly created folders were 'empty', but should not have been.  I opened an instance of Midnight Commander (type mc in a command prompt), then navigate to the newly created folder i.e. /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd then exit mc.  then type ls -l and you should see the contents of the previously 'empty' folder.

I have no idea why this is, nor how to fix it.  I also don't know if doing this 'fixes' anything, but after I'd done it, I went to bed, and in the morning, a program that had not been working was now working.  Might be worth a shot.

Ok I stopped using this plugin and went back to using the command line and here is what worked.

1. mkdir /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd

2. chown -R nobody:users sabnzbd

3. docker run -d --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt/user:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8080:8080 needo/sabnzbd

So I don't know what I was doing wrong with the plugin or if there was something not right about the permissions the plugin was setting. I would love to get the plugin working though.

Thanks for your help!

JM

Ok I stopped using this plugin and went back to using the command line and here is what worked.

1. mkdir /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd

2. chown -R nobody:users sabnzbd

3. docker run -d --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt/user:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8080:8080 needo/sabnzbd

So I don't know what I was doing wrong with the plugin or if there was something not right about the permissions the plugin was setting. I would love to get the plugin working though.

Thanks for your help!

JM

It doesn't fix the permissions: every directory created is root owned because Docker run as root. It should be easy if every container created run under nobody user, but this is not true.  I'll try to add an option to allow users to select the owner of each folder, but it'll not be easy.

What do you think about changing the ownership only to new directories?

That seems like a safe choice.  No changes to stuff already setup, only setting new stuff how you think it should be set.

I agree!

Ok, updated.

That worked!  I have only tested Sabnzbd so far!  I made sure that I removed all instances of it before I started, I will test some more and let you know!

Thanks so much!

What do you think about changing the ownership only to new directories?

That seems like a safe choice.  No changes to stuff already setup, only setting new stuff how you think it should be set.

I agree!

Ok, updated.

That worked!  I have only tested Sabnzbd so far!  I made sure that I removed all instances of it before I started, I will test some more and let you know!

Thanks so much!

OK I have sabnzbd,sickbeard and couchpotato installed so far.

I will keep testing.

Update - Plex installed ok as well!

I really like what you've done with these XML files, this is much easier than remembering/tracking the command lines used for each Docker.

I like that you included a few templates by default, have you thought about how Docker creators might provide additional templates?

Or... what if there was a screen where users could paste in a Docker command and your script would parse it out into the different fields on the ADD screen?  Then Docker creators would continue to provide an example command, and your script would deal with creating the xml from it?

Another random idea - when I am looking at my list of Dockers it would be nice if there was a link to launch the web interface for that Docker (i.e. to load Plex/PlexWatch/etc).  What do you think of adding a URL attribute to the xml file, and if it exists then make the container name a link to that url?

But honestly, the script is pretty awesome as it is :) Don't feel pressured to keep tweaking it since we don't know what LT is going to provide.

I am playing around with the xml file templates and cannot access couchpotato after the container is started

Am i missing something?

based on that you should be able to type Tower:5050 (replace "Tower" with your server name) into your browser address bar, and it should open couchpotato.

however, you've probably got the "Host path" part wrong.  You normally want the path of your unRAID server on the left.  I just tried to explain it in another post, and gave an alternative solution, which I use, and why.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33822.msg315427#msg315427

reply back if you still have questions

I have change the host paths to /mnt/user and started container again, but still unable to access container via SERVER:5050 or 192.168.0.145

:5050. is there another setting that i am missing - host vice bridge?

Let's try this:

*update the plugin first.

1) Remove the container;

2) remove the dir /mnt/cache/apps/couchpotato

3) In the left field of /config:rw put /mnt/cache/apps/couchpotato

4) In the left field of /downloads:rw put /mnt/user/Downloads

5)  In the left field of /movies:rw put /mnt/user/Movies

Add the container.

I have change the host paths to /mnt/user and started container again, but still unable to access container via SERVER:5050 or 192.168.0.145

:5050. is there another setting that i am missing - host vice bridge?

Is your server called "SERVER" in all caps like that?  Is 192.168.0.145 the static IP assigned to your unRAID server?

Also your path for the /config volume was fine, it was only the /download and /movies that I would change.

Do you get a success message when you click ADD at the bottom, if not, what is the message you get?

Justin and gfjardim,

Yes and Yes for server name and IP.

I have always got the command run successfully

- no joy on the setting host paths

Can still add, start, stop container but unable to access it - I will remove everything and pull it down again..

Thanks for the feedback and help

1) Removed the container and image

2) Added the new container to pull down repos again with the following settings:

a) In the left field of /config:rw put /mnt/cache/apps/couchpotato

b) In the left field of /downloads:rw put /mnt/user/_unsorted

c) In the left field of /movies:rw put /mnt/user/Movies

Added the container

All working now thanks again for the help!!!