[ADVICE] Users using bridges and Docker

By default, Docker tries to bind the containers virtual NICs on the main interface, in unRAID's case, that is eth0. When network bridges are used, this may result in containers not being accessible by the user, e.g., you cannot access the config webGUI of the application. The --net="host" command override this behavior, but it's not advised to run all containers this way because of possible port's conflicts.

Please, open your /boot/config/docker.cfg file, and in DOCKER_OPTS, after "--storage-driver=btrfs", add "--ip=YOUR.IP.ADDRESS".

My docker.cfg file's content, for an example, is this:

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs --ip=192.168.0.100 "

By default, Docker tries to bind the containers virtual NICs on the main interface, in unRAID's case, that is eth0. When network bridges are used, this may result in containers not being accessible by the user, e.g., you cannot access the config webGUI of the application. The --net="host" command override this behavior, but it's not advised to run all containers this way because of possible port's conflicts.

Please, open your /boot/config/docker.cfg file, and in DOCKER_OPTS, after "--storage-driver=btrfs", add "--ip=YOUR.IP.ADDRESS".

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="Couchpotato,CrashPlan,Deluge,MariaDB,ownCloud,SABnzbd,Sickbeard"

Just checked mine and added the "--ip=".  But i noticed mine does not have the name of the containers included.  Am I also to include them?

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="Couchpotato,CrashPlan,Deluge,MariaDB,ownCloud,SABnzbd,Sickbeard"

Just checked mine and added the "--ip=".  But i noticed mine does not have the name of the containers included.  Am I also to include them?

The DOCKER_CONTAINERS variable is added by this plugin: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.0

This contains the name of containers that will be started with the array. I know, this is not very slick, I should had choose a better variable name, but updating it now may broke several users settings.

It's not required, and I will erase that to avoid any further confusion.

# Generated settings:

The DOCKER_CONTAINERS variable is added by this plugin: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.0

This contains the name of containers that will be started with the array. I know, this is not very slick, I should had choose a better variable name, but updating it now may broke several users settings.

It's not required, and I will erase that to avoid any further confusion.

Ahh ok.  I have the plug-in but don't have any plugins to autostart.  I also didn't use the template to install any dockers.
  • 3 weeks later...