No More ShopRunner at Newegg

SSD

everyone trying to compete with the 800 lb. gorilla Amazon ;)

Yep.  Ever since Costco and Sams Club proved that folks would actually PAY to shop ... and Amazon then showed that a lot of folks would pay to get "special treatment" (e.g. Prime) ... everybody wants to have their own version of that and collect a few extra $$ from their customers.

I've ordered enough drives and hardware in the last two months that made the $49 worth it.

Still, not sure if I will continue next year.

I was curious, so I added up what I paid for shipping in the past year -- and indeed I would have saved about half of what I paid last year in shipping !!    Guess I should consider signing up for it  :)

I've ordered enough drives and hardware in the last two months that made the $49 worth it.

Still, not sure if I will continue next year.

I was curious, so I added up what I paid for shipping in the past year -- and indeed I would have saved about half of what I paid last year in shipping !!    Guess I should consider signing up for it  :)

That's the reason I did it.  Amazon prime, while a bit more, does save me money in the long run. Plus there are other benefits.

With newegg's plan, I knew I was going to do a massive sweep of upgrades from Black Friday on. In the long run it saved me and let me catch sales I never would have bothered with.

I just chatted with customer support suggesting they bring ShipRunner back.

If a they get a bunch of similar feedback, maybe they'd reconsider?

Considering tigerdirect picked up shoprunner im thinking no.

Agree -- I'd say zero chance of them doing that.    Not only because of TigerDirect, but also because they would far rather have their customers simply join their own Premier service ... which tends to ensure those members will buy most of their technology from Newegg.

I disagree Newegg will make up the revenue lost in sales with Premier purchases. The vast majority will not join the program and instead suffer with Newegg slow boat from China shipping. If they want their gear quickly, they will buy from Amazon (if they have Prime) to get the 2 day shipping even if the price is more, because it is still cheaper than Newegg with 2 day shipping.

$49 is crazy expensive for Premier IMO. First off, it's only 3 day shipping, and Newegg does not have anywhere near the diversity of product compared to Amazon to demand such a price. Plus Amazon gives you video and allows you to share with family members (making it free for me). This is a very bad move for Newegg. My purchases with Newegg have quadrupled with Shoprunner and I see that trend reversing! What's the message in canceling the service to their customers? Newegg wants you to have slow shipping. Very nice. I got ShopRunner for free via Amex, but some people bought it just for Newegg. They are out of luck. Think they'll stay loyal Newegg customers?

I doubt that ShopRunner made all that much difference for Newegg ... I'm sure they evaluated that before deciding to drop it.  Your personal purchases may have quadrupled, but I don't think that's typical.  In any event, I doubt Newegg will reverse their decision ... clearly they tried it, and didn't think it was worthwhile for them.

As for Premier, I thought it was a bit expensive as well, since I ALWAYS use the free shipping option when available [i haven't found their shipping "slow boat from China" at all -- most things get here within 3-4 days even with the free option] ... but when I added up the few things that didn't have free shipping available, I've actually paid about twice that in the past year ... so the $49 would have actually saved me about $50 in the past year.

But it's unlikely it would have made ANY difference in what I bought ... unless some of the special sales items caught my fancy.  I might sign up for it the next time I'm making a significant order, just to see what the various specials are like ... not because I really think I'm going to save any $$ with it.

Well you guys can see how I micro manage some of the lil payments here and there.

You have to add up all the little values to see the big picture.

I also have amazon prime.

When I look at the paying tax via amazon, or shipping with no tax via newegg, over the long haul the premier saved me money in two months of purchases.

The other side of this is, I'm not fond of the newegg free shipping all the time. It goes via more then one courier sometimes and the couriers here who support my building are not always careful in where they leave packages.

The peace of mind I get with UPS is worth it in the long run.

• 5 months later...

Just starting looking at the supported stores out of curiosity and I noticed that Domino's is on the list?? Unless there is a store called Domino's that isn't the pizza store, I AM NOT WAITING 2 DAYS FOR MY PIZZA!

I just read that they waive their usual delivery charge.

Just starting looking at the supported stores out of curiosity and I noticed that Domino's is on the list?? Unless there is a store called Domino's that isn't the pizza store, I AM NOT WAITING 2 DAYS FOR MY PIZZA!

Well now we are talking! I wonder how Domino's knows that you are a member and if it can be tied to your account.

Well now we are talking! I wonder how Domino's knows that you are a member and if it can be tied to your account.

From what I read, there's something in the mobile app where you can login to shoprunner.