2.5 -> 3.5 Drive adapter for hotswap cage

DoeBoye

Hi Folks,

As the title states, I'm looking for a drive adapter that would allow me to put a 2.5" drive in a standard hot-swap bay. I've tried with the regular adapter trays, but the power/sata plugs don't line up perfectly, and the tray itself is lower than the little 'leg' that unplugs the drive when you open the door (for the trayless cages).

I've seen some floating around that seem to have the height of a normal 3.5" drive, so the leg issue could be solved, but the lining up thing is still an issue (I haven't seen any adapters that specifically mention drive cage suitability).

Thanks!

DB

Thanks Squid! That was easy! I searched newegg and that didn't come up for some reason :(.

Have you used this model before?

[EDIT] Just saw there's another $10 shipping on top of the $16.... Might be a bit pricey for my needs... I was hoping for a straight-up tray with higher sides and aligned properly...

Never used it... Just a quick google search. https://www.google.com/search?q=2.5+to+3.5+hot+swap+adapter&oq=2.5+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j0l3.2912j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8&qscrl=1

Archived