Wanting to learn

Well, I have just made myself more confused.  It appears I need not only a docker account but a git account too?  Because I tried creating a docker and I couldn't figure out how to add the dockerfile tab.  It looked like a lot of people are pulling code from git and passing it to docker and all kinds of crazyness.  OR am I just reading too much into the process?

Well, I have just made myself more confused.  It appears I need not only a docker account but a git account too?  Because I tried creating a docker and I couldn't figure out how to add the dockerfile tab.  It looked like a lot of people are pulling code from git and passing it to docker and all kinds of crazyness.  OR am I just reading too much into the process?

Thats a more advanced item that you dont ned to get into. You can work with docker with purely local files.

Well, I am talking about starting from scratch.  For example, picking my own Linux distro and creating a docker container that utilizes it and puts a copy of CouchPotato on it.  IE: I get to use the Linux base image of my choosing and install CP to it.  I hope I am making sense.  I just want to learn how to do it.

Most of the docker images I make now use Phusion base 0.9.16 as the main linux base. I merely install software on top of that. Select that one or a ubuntu or a debian base. No need to do all the nasty grunt work when others have already done that for you. Creating your own mini linux os image is well outside the scope of making docker easy to use.

I had did a simulation thing where it was pulling images and doing the hello world thing.  But I believe the link you send me will show me what I need.  I am going to look it over and experiment.  I will post again once I have done that or if I have questions or run into roadblocks.  I really appreciate your assistance.

I am just wanting to learn how it all gets put together.  If I need to buy a git repository and a docker repository I will.  I figured I would start with the nice base image:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/phusion/baseimage/

And then get something like nzbget or couchpotato or something like that in there.  The only issue is them stepping on my other ones that are running.  We'll see.  I'll be working on this tonight and the next 4 days and will post my progress.