Release: Tonido Server

Will you run the following:

touch /mnt/user/Tonido/test.txt
docker exec -it Tonido /bin/bash
ls -la /unRAID

Post the output. (Using CODE tags if possible for easier reading)

If test.txt exists in /unRAID inside the container then your mapping is correct.

login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
Access denied
[email protected]'s password:
Last login: Fri May  1 07:23:09 2015 from 10.0.1.120
Linux 3.19.4-unRAID.
root@LahomaMediaCenter:~# touch /mnt/user/Tonido/test.txt
root@LahomaMediaCenter:~# docker exec -it Tonido /bin/bash
root@d61fa82798cc:/# ls -la /unRAID
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  72 May  1 09:57 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root   root  198 Apr 27 21:51 ..
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root    0 May  1 09:57 test.txt
root@d61fa82798cc:/#

Capt.

that worked and i was able to see the file from outside of my home network.

here is my issue. i downloaded the windows client installed on my pc at work and filled in all of my connection settings and it connected.

I put a file in the tonido sync folder and let is sync.

i check my unraid folder and its no there.

i logged into the webgui from outside and see my test file you ask me to create but not my test file from outside. in the /unRAID folder.

however when i click on recent files (items) is there.

so where is it going?

My whole purpose to use tonido is to get rid of cloud base backup and save money.

see the link for pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/dpylJ

Update

So I installed tonido for Android and notice when I logged in I had to folders one named unRAID and one name sync files

I click on sync files and boom there's my file test from the outside. I open the unRAID folder and create a new folder so check my unRAID tower and boom it's there. So I have to figure out why the desktop client does not choose unRAID folder as default. I have that set in the properties.

Anyways just wanted to say it works.

I think I found the answer to your problem:

The Sync Plugin of Tonido is set such that the Sync Folder location is "/root/TonidoSync" by default, but we want the Sync folder location to be a subfolder of /unRAID.

See my attached image for an example and follow the instructions here to change the location of your sync folder to be a subfolder of /unRAID.

On my system (yours will vary) the location of the xml to be changed was

/mnt/cache/Docker/AppData/Tonido/profiles\<myprofile>\plugindata\syncserver\syncserverconfig.xml

stop the docker, edit the file changing

<rowentry>
         <name>syncfolderlocation</name>
         <type>string</type>
         <value>DEFAULT</value>
       </rowentry> 

to

<rowentry>
         <name>syncfolderlocation</name>
         <type>string</type>
         <value>/unRAID/TonidoFiles/Sync</value>
       </rowentry> 

Save file and restart Tonido Docker. Check that folder location is now correctly showing new location.

Should work now.

the Capt.

Capture.PNG.3a10134c69f3b86872b7c072f842ac19.PNG

• 1 month later...

Great work! Very useful application.

Do you know why Tonido docker ignores (or maybe any docker in general) read-only volume mapping?  In my case /unRAID  <-> /mnt/disks/ is mapped as :ro but I can still delete/write files there from within Tonido.

I checked how the docker gets invoked and it indeed uses :ro following what had been configured in "Volume Mappings" Does it somehow ignores read-only statement because /mnt/disks contains samba mountpoints?

ls -al /mnt/disks
total 8
drwxrwxrwx  6 root root  120 Jul  6 19:12 ./
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root  280 Jul  6 19:12 ../
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root 4096 Dec 31  1969 BOOTUNRAID/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root    0 Jul  6 03:40 unraid_unraid/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root    0 Jul  6 03:40 unraid_video/
drwxrwxrwx  1 root root 4096 Jun 16 14:28 wd2t/

docker exec -it Tonido bash
root@423b4d2af636:/# ls -al /unRAID/
total 8
drwxrwxrwx 6 root root  120 Jul  6 19:12 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root  198 Jul  6 20:08 ..
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Dec 31  1969 BOOTUNRAID
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root    0 Jul  6 03:40 unraid_unraid
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root    0 Jul  6 03:40 unraid_video
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Jun 16 14:28 wd2t

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="Tonido" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -p 10001:10001/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/tonido":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/disks/":"/unRAID":ro captinsano/tonido

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This app is working great for me except for one issue. When I try to download a whole directory the download fails immediately. I believe Tonido tries to zip the folder and fails at that point.

Any help appreciated.

It should zip and put a zip file in the folder that you are working in which you can download as one file.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a setup guide for Tonido on unRAID? For example, could someone chime in on what values need to be entered into each of the fields in the setup page for the Tonido Docker container (see attached image)? -- I've included text headings below to facilitate easy copy/paste response.

Also, I assume that port forwarding needs to be set up in each individual's network's router. To which port(s)? (multiple are listed in the setup page)

Thanks,

Ari

-- Add Container --

Name: [does this matter?]

Network Type:

-- Volume Mappings --

Container Volume:

Host Path:

Access:

Container Volume:

Host Path:

Access:

Container Volume:

Host Path:

Access:

-- Port Mappings --

Container Port:

Host Port:

Protocol:

Container Port:

Host Port:

Protocol:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39065.0;attach=30403;image

2015-12-31_10-47-22.png.5ebed684cd8d2b08a2ec6e71acd93f1d.png

Unless you have a particular reason to change them, the defaults loaded with a Docker template usually work well. Changing the volume mappings may be required depending on your particular server configuration and use for the Docker.

-- Add Container --

Name: [does this matter?] doesn't matter but this is the name that you will see in the Docker tab

Network Type: default (Bridge)

-- Volume Mappings --

Container Volume: /config

Host Path: path to your docker's app data. if you're using a cache drive then it's typically /mnt/cache/appdata/tonido

Access: this should always be Read/Write

Container Volume: a unique path name that will show up in the Docker. /UnRAID is fine or you can call it something else (/media, /files, etc.)

Host Path: depends on what you want to access. /mnt/user will provide access to all user shares.

Access: Read only if you just want users be able to download individual files. Read/Write if you want users to be able to download multiple files or folders or want them to be able to delete files/folders from Tonido

Container Volume:

Host Path:

Access:

-- Port Mappings --

Container Port: default (10001) unless it is already in use

Host Port: default (10001)

Protocol: default (TCP)

Container Port:

Host Port:

Protocol:

Tonido doesn't require port forwarding. You make an account at tonidoid.com and use that address to access your docker.

Thank you, using the defaults and then adding the following was all that was needed

-- Volume Mappings --

Container Volume: /config

Host Path: path to your docker's app data. if you're using a cache drive then it's typically /mnt/cache/appdata/tonido

Access: this should always be Read/Write

After that, I went into the Docker tab, clicked on the Tonido icon, and set up an account. After that, there was a wizard to guide me through the rest.

Thanks for the help,

Ari

trying this out for last few days, and wonder may i have set up something incorrectly.

config is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/Tonido/ and container volume is default /unRAID host path set to /mnt/user

settings within tonido:

indexing is off  and Allow remote access to only specific folders

unRAID/media/movies, unRAID/media/music, unRAID/media/tv shows, unRAID/media/pictures

really the only changes made from default setup.

been away for a week and was using android app on phone and personal laptop to access my "entertainment" on the road. Worked really well. quite simple really, right up my alley...upon returning home i noticed on my cache drive there was a folder with a .tonidodb file for every folder I accessed while away and the mover did not move them because permission is set as root. shouldn't it be nobody? Is this something i set up wrong in this docker or an underlying issue with my security settings in unraid itself?

trying this out for last few days, and wonder may i have set up something incorrectly.

config is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/Tonido/ and container volume is default /unRAID host path set to /mnt/user

settings within tonido:

indexing is off  and Allow remote access to only specific folders

unRAID/media/movies, unRAID/media/music, unRAID/media/tv shows, unRAID/media/pictures

really the only changes made from default setup.

been away for a week and was using android app on phone and personal laptop to access my "entertainment" on the road. Worked really well. quite simple really, right up my alley...upon returning home i noticed on my cache drive there was a folder with a .tonidodb file for every folder I accessed while away and the mover did not move them because permission is set as root. shouldn't it be nobody? Is this something i set up wrong in this docker or an underlying issue with my security settings in unraid itself?

I suspect that's something that CaptInsano will have to tackle "container" side...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

How secure would you say is this app? I love the fact that it also has a mobile app. I have been wanting a remote file management tool for a long time and this seems to fit the bill. I only allow the tonido docker to access certain folders with less sensitive material (e.g. movies etc). The only thing missing to make this a wonderful tool, is the ability to unrar/unzip files.